Acne Scars- does any treament work? (photo)

Does any treatment work for my acne scars? It's about 1 year. I've done two plasma and many IPLs with no lock. Does Fraxel work for it?

Fraxel for Acne Scarring

Fraxel is a great laser (1550) for acne scarring.  You will need several treatments at least one month apart for the best results.  Plasma laser is no longer on the market and I much prefer Fraxel for this type of scarring.  The most important thing is to find a board certified dermatologist with experience in Fraxel laser.

Acne Scarring

Thank you for your question.It is essential to seek the opinion of a board certified physician to find the most effective skin treatment that is specific to your individual skin type. Fraxel laser is a common technique that is producing beneficial results for patients with a variety of skin types.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Acne scars

Acne scars can be difficult to eradicate but they can be improved.  Depending on the degree of scarring, you will likely need multiple treatments.  I like to use Fraxel Dual for acne scarring but it depends on how deep the scars are and what your expectations are.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Acne Scar Treatment with multiple technologies

Acne scars are difficult to treat but can be improved. In my office I like to treat your type of acne scars with Vbeam, Fraxel and Plasma. Vbeam will improve the redness in your skin. Fraxel will resurface your skin to improve tone and texture and stimulate collagen production to improve the depressed scarring. IPL does improve redness and can stimulate collagen however Vbeam and Fraxel are stronger technologies and will yield greater improvement in a faster time frame. Plasma will expedite healing after laser treatments and also stimulate collagen production. The combination of the 3 techniques will give you the most improvement. It is important to remember that best results come after multiple sessions and your skin continues to improve for up to 6 months after your last session. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if these options are best for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon