Accutane Peeling

I was on accutane for 8 days, on the 4th day I started experiencing face peeling but I experienced really severe peeling on my chin which broke more then rest of my face. I was on 20mg 1 day and 40mg the next. So, what do you think was I on a higher dose or what? that experienced severe peeling. The worst part was that the more I took accutane the more peeling I was experiencing.

Facial peeling with Accutane

Peeling sometimes occurs with Accutane because of the dryness induced by Accutane.  And the dryness is dose-related.

I would try a mild oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer to see if it improves the peeling.  If not, discuss this with your doctor.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial peeling with Accutane

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon