Should I Try Accutane for Adult Body and Face Acne?

I am a 35 yo female who has face & body acne since my late teens. Over the yrs. I have tried everything including clindamyacin, tetracycline, retin-A, many bcp's, and IPL w/Levulan (which did help).

My new derm recommended accutane since nothing else worked and since I am done having kids it is time to try it. I do not have cystic acne, just pustules, but it is everywhere from head to waist, esp. on back/chest, my face has the least is accutane effective for this type of acne?

Accutane is effective for face and body acne

It is the gold standard in acne therapy. Other things to consider: - avoid all milk and dairy products since they all have hormones. - if there any menstrual irregularities, consider hormonal testing, as hormonal abnormalities also need to be treated or controlled.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon