Acculift On Neck 17 Days Ago. Very Swollen and Bulging, Hard To Touch and Sensitive/Sore. What To Do? (photo)

I had acculift lipo on my neck 17 days ago. You can see on the photo it is very swollen and bulging. It is hard when I touch it and sensitive and sore. I tried to do some gentle massage but it hasn't helped. I don't think this is normal for 17 day post op when I see photos of other patients during the recovery process. My doctor keeps telling me I need to wait longer, but it looks worse than before surgery and almost feels there is hard muscle underneath. Please advise

You still may have some swellings after half of months.

You still may have some swellings after half of months. It usually depends on injury you received during surgery. 

The injury amount is determined by many factors. Amount of fat removal, extent of the surgery, amount of bleeding after the surgery, etc.

17 days are not a short period, but it is still possible that you may have some swellings and bruises.

In most of the cases, it is very important to exclude the infections. If infection is not present, then you should wait for some more times.

South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after neck lipo with Acculift

thank you for posting the pictures. just based on the history and the information u have provided I would highly recommend you must consult with your doctor who did the procedure or perhaps get another opinion to make sure this is not infection. although it is a few weeks post-procedure infection can still occur even 1 month or more post-procedure.  

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS