I have nasty scar in the middle of my forehead and it runs vertical (Photo)

.I'd really like some opinions on what I could do to make it less noticeable as it really affects my confidence and self-worth. I've attached a picture. let me know! thanks

Doctor Answers 4

Fractional lasers and IIT for a forehead scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest starting with IIT and topical application of Plato's Scar Serum; followed by fractional laser. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar on Face -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This scar can be treated with combination therapy, including lasers and microneedling. Please be sure to see an expert who can treat darker skin without causing hyperpigmentation. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for posting your question. You should seek a consultation with a facial plastic surgeon to evaluate you in person as you are likely an excellent candidate for scar revision. The wide scar is removed and the skin edges are more properly aligned. Best of luck!

Benjamin C. Paul, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 44 reviews

Scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for a scar revision.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.