Pain 22 days post operation. Is this normal?

Hi, So I'm 22 days post operation, I've encountered a madors cord on my right, which I'm told will go, I have it now for a week, I really hope it will go. I'm slightly concerned however that my left side still feels a bit of pain/pulling on the lower side of the breast. I have a baby and I'm worried that maybe picking her up could be hindering my recovery, but I can't avoid picking her up. Is pain still normal 22 days post operation please.

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome. It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant. It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look. Be patient.

Post Op Discomfort

It is not unusual to feel some discomfort and tightness still at 22 days post- especially with increasing activity and use of arms. Be sure to check with your Plastic Surgeon regarding activities which are safe for you at this point post op.

All the best

Pain

You are still very early in your healing and still may have some discomfort, especially with activity. Be sure your surgeon has seen and checked you to make sure you are healing well. You might try some heat and something for inflammation, like Ibuprofen.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Contact your surgeon with concerns

I always ask my patients to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns. Please contact your board certified plastic surgeon with your post-operative concerns. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon