One week after CoolSculpting on upper and lower abdomen. Should I be concerned?

The lower still looks and feels like it's in a frozen log. I haven't massaged it. The tech only massaged it about 20 seconds. Should I be concerned?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The standard manual massage is 3 minutes after the procedure is done
Please return to your doctor

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting, Massage, Z Wave

It is necessary to massage post coolsculpting for best results, also the inflammation can take 3 months to resolve. I suggest speaking to your treating board certified physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Massage During CoolSculpting

The CoolSculpting machine does a massage during the last 10 minutes of your treatment. After the applicator is taken off, an additional manual massage should be performed by the tech for 2-3 minutes. You will have some numbness after the treatment as well as swelling and a feeling of firmness or heaviness. This can last up to 2 weeks. It should not, however, look and feel exactly like it did when the applicator was first taken off. If there is any concern then you should follow up with your treatment provider as soon as possible. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting and practice

Coolsculpting is a fabulous laser for treating the abdominal area.  Immediately after the procedure the area is "frozen" and then massaged.  I have not seen a case where it is "frozen" so long after the procedure.  I would immediately return to your treating physician.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Coolsculpting.

Recovery after CoolSculpting on upper and lower abdomen

The "frozen log" or "stick of butter" appearance after CoolSculpting normally only lasts for a matter of minutes, not hours or days.  You should contact the physician who treated you to let them know about your issue.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon