How soon can one get the second treatment?

I'm one week today after my first treatment to upper and lower abdomen. My tech had me go ahead and schedule the second treatment one month out. Reading here I haven't seen anyone going back so soon. With the pain, numbness and swelling I'm still experiencing I really doubt I will be healed enough to do it three weeks from today. Any comments on the turn around time for second treatments?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
3 months between procedures is best

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Repeat CoolSculpting Treatments

The FDA approval and CoolSculpting clinical studies allow for re-treatment of the same area 30 days after the original treatment. Many patients see early changes within 4-6 weeks of treatment, but it can take as long as 3 months to see a final result.

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients.
Coolsculpting is a non-surgical procedure that has been developed for fat reduction in problem areas. It involves freezing fat cells without damaging your skin. The fat cells are naturally eliminated from your body over the following few months. You will typically notice results 3-4 weeks after the initial treatment. On average, patients see a 25% reduction of fat in the treated area after one visit. Some patients can acheive greater results with additional treatments as early as 4 weeks apart.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Timing of repeat Coolsculpting treatments

I let my patients know in advance if I think they would benefit from repeat procedures based on the physical exam and their expectations.  In addition, I tell them that they will achieve a greater results if they use a short interval between treatments (e.g. 1-2 weeks) versus a longer interval (2-3 months) since you are providing an additional stress to the fat cells while they are recovering.  Most patients wait until 2 weeks because of the symptoms that you are experiencing and they usually subside by this time.

CoolSculpting

Patients may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after their treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two to three months. But the body is still flushing fat cells, and will continue doing so for up to four months. I would recommend waiting three months to consider getting a second treatment.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How soon should you get your 2nd coolsculpting treatment?

Coolsculpting/Zeltiq state that a patient is safe to receive their second coolsculpting treatment after 30 days.  However, they also state that patients will see results anywhere from 30-90 days.  It would be a safe recommendation to have a follow up appointment at 90 days, look at before and after photos, and then determine if you're in need of a second treatment.

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting treatments in the same area may be done safely one month apart. Some patients prefer waiting 3 months before retreating the same area a second time in order to see the full results from the first treatment. Nonetheless, all of my patients end up doing the second treatment for that “Wow Effect” whether it is one month or three months later.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Second Treatment

You Should Have a Follow up appointment , generally around six weeks after your treatment.  Results start to show between 3- 12 weeks. At your follow up appointment you and the physician can decide if you need further treatment is needed. 

David P. Rapaport, MD

CoolSculpting Repeat

2 months earliest between treatments for the same area has been standard protocol for retreating an area. If it is an adjacent area with slight overlap of the recently treated area, there is no wait period. 

Since final results are at about 3 months, there is no reason to push ahead that quickly. You are in the driver's seat! Schedule how you feel most comfortable.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD

Coolsculpting and Second Treatments

It is best to wait 3 months before undergoing a second treatment to see the results of the first.  Best, Dr. Emer.