Is there a specific toxicology test that will detect neuro-toxins (Botox presumably) two weeks after exposure? (Photo)

Two weeks ago I was unwillingly exposed to a substance I now believe to be the neuro-toxin Botox. I understand that Botox is localized to the area of application... My question to you is, how long does the bacteria stay in your body/bloodstream? Can it be detected in the sores on my neck? Is there any toxicology test that could detect a neuro-toxin after a 2 week period?

Botox injections

There is no bacterium in the Botox injection at all so there is none in any lesion. However, there is a test for botulinum toxin antibodies that can be done by Allergan if you so desire, but your lesions do not look anything like injections of Botox.  Be sure to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have this issue resolved

Nashville Dermatologist

Botox is a purified protein

Thank you for your question sambrown12. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. There is no live bacteria in the Botox itself, so it cannot cause botulism. Further, botulism is not characterized by cutaneous lesions. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician