I'm 19 and I'm losing my hair - please advise me how to stop hair fall.

Hair loss

First of all, it is of the upmost importance to identify the actual cause of the hair loss. If your hair loss is diagnosed to be a typical case of MBP and there are no other contributing causes, it is recommended that you start taking Finasteride until the balding pattern has been stabilized. Finasteride will help to thicken and repair thinning hair with a caliber of 20 microns and above.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss at a young age

There are many reasons why you could be losing your hair.  Sooner rather than later you should make an appointment with a hair restoration specialist to address your hair loss.   You first need a diagnosis.  If your hair loss is due to the most common cause, that being male pattern baldness, there are medications which can help.   The current FDA approved hair loss medications will only help you to maintain what you have, they are not labeled to regrow new hair.   Your hair restoration specialist will obtain your hair loss history, your past medical history, your family history of hair loss, ask about current and past medications as well as perform a thorough evaluation of your hair including a microscopic evaluation looking for miniaturization.  Only then can your doctor come up with a master plan to address your hair loss now and in the future.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss at a young age

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Stop

Hello. I personally understand how frustrating it is to keep loosing hair. I will recommend that you schedule a consultation with a doctor who Specializes in Hair Loss. There are many different causes for hair loss and the best way to find and address the problem is with a consultation. Once the cause for your hair loss is determined, we can explore what will be the best treatment to implement to slow down the rate of hair loss and restore it. I will recommend that you consider a treatment to reduce the speed/stop your hairline from going further back. Treatments such as Propecia/Rogaine or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) are proven to be very effective. The use of non surgical treatments is to be continued for life and will not restore your previous hair line but will help you maintain your existing hair.

Stop

19 and hair thinning

I recommend that first you have a complete medical evaluation by your Primary Care Physician or experienced Hair Restoration surgeon.There are some conditions that can cause hair loss and should be treated,such as thyroid disorders,anemia,significant vitamin deficiency,severe stress and weight loss and autoimmune disorders(Lupus for example).If you are a woman,Polcystic Ovarian Syndrome can cause hair loss.Certain medications can also cause hair loss.If these conditions are all ruled out the cause is most likely genetic and hormonal.It would be reasonable to start with Minoxidil or Low Level Laser Light therapy or PRP(Platelet Rich Plasma) or a combination of these adjuncts to help stop hair loss and possibly thicken up some of the thinning hair.

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 and hair thinning

David Deutsch, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 and losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 and losing hair

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon