Can veneers be used to correct my teeth without orthodontic treatment? (photos)

I have had braces in and the past and I was not happy with the results so I did not mantain them. I want the colour and shape to change not just position. Financially I cannot afford both invasilgn and veneers I would just like veneers. Is this possible

Can Veneers be used to correct my teeth without Ortho?

You state that you want to change both the shape and color of your teeth.  Orthodontics or Invisalign will not change the color.  This could be done with veneers, however significant preparation(filing down healthy tooth structure) would be required leaving your teeth potentially sensitive to heat and cold.  Also, the actual position of your teeth would not be as stable as would be after straightening with Ortho or Invisalign.  Finally, porcelain veneers are not forever, they might need to be replaced every 10 or 20 years(if done really well).  You need to be aware and consider future possible expenses.  Your best alternative would be to straighten first, and then bleaching for a color change.  You could still also do minimal prep veneers after Ortho for an ideal result. 

I would not recommend veneers for you

I love performing veneers to enhance smiles and have done thousands of them over the past 28 years. I also have treated hundreds of patients using Invisalign for over 15 years. My goal is to always provide the least invasive treatment to give the patient the smile they want at the least expense to the patient.  In your case, veneers would require aggressive tooth preparation and the cost would be over 10,000 dollars. Invisalign or conventional orthodontic therapy would not require drilling away of your tooth structure and would cost around 5,000 dollars which is about half of the cost of performing the aggressive veneer procedure and your teeth would remain completely natural. Orthodontic therapy would give you the best, natural result with the least cost to you, so it is your best choice in my opinion.

Douglas E. Jopling, DDS

Veneers for teeth that relapsed after braces #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for posting your photos. Porcelain veneers are an excellent alternative to orthodontics for many patients. I've treated many patients with veneers who's teeth have relapsed like yours. I would recommend veneering 8-10 teeth across the top to give you perfectly aligned teeth and a broader smile. See an experienced cosmetic dentist for a veneer consult to determine your options. I hope this help and good luck! Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Veneer vs. invisilign

From the limited photos, it appears that you can be a canidate for veneers.  To make sure its best to consult a expert cosmetic dentist that can do a wax up mock up model of how your teeth will look before the work is done.  It is also very important to wear a retainer over the veneer to prevent further shifting of your teeth in the future in case you do the veneeers.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist