Options for Abdominal Skin Tightening?

I had my daughter a little over 2 years ago. Afterwards, my body pretty much bounced back. One of the only issues I have is minimal loose skin surrounding my belly button. It is only visible when I bend over, but its very depressing because I eat well, take care of myself, I'm only 22 years old and I exercise, but I can't get it to tighten back up. I've looked into the possibility of a tummy tuck but that seems way too extreme. I've also heard a lot of negative reviews of Thermage and other laser treatments like it. I wanted to know, are there any other options?

Abdominal Skin Tightening

For anyone who has stubborn pockets of fat (e.g. on the abdomen, flanks, thighs, buttocks or arms) not getting results with diet and exercise, we are now offering UltraShape. It's a great treatment to avoid going under the knife or anything too extreme. UltraShape is a nonsurgical fat-melting treatment with no downtime and no pain. It works by sending ultrasound energy (not thermal energy or heat, which is the technique used by many lasers) to targeted fat within the subcutaneous layer, which lies deep in the skin. There, this ultrasound energy vibrates or shakes the fat cells until they fall apart and are liquefied, thereby selectively destroying these fat cells. The disintegrated fat cells then pass through the liver. So your body processes it just like you ate a fatty meal, and it’s excreted naturally as waste.
There is no damage to the surrounding skin or tissues. No anesthesia or sedation is necessary. The treatment is completely painless.
Patients experience visible body shaping—with no significant bruising, swelling, or any discomfort. And because the fat cells are eliminated, long-term results can be maintained (provided patients stick to their healthy diet and exercise regimen).
The average treatment regimen is three sessions, spaced two weeks apart, though the number of appointments may vary depending on a patient’s individual needs and goals. (Treatment time can take anywhere from 10 to 50 minutes depending on the size and number of areas treated.)

First, finish having your children -

then do a tummy tuck. It may seem to "radical" but it is the only sure way to tighten an abdomen. You will waste your time and money on all of the other procedures. As much as you love your child --- pregnancy stretches out your abdominal wall and skin. It does not always go back the way you would like it.

That is why plastic surgeons were invented.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD