I had abdominal liposuction 6 months ago. Is it safe to get coolsculpting done to loose more inches?

I has liposuction 6 moths ago, but didn't loose that many inches (2only). I'm was not overweight to beging with. Is it safe to have coolsculpting done to get to accomplish my desired look?

Coolsculpting after Liposuction

Coolscultping is a great procedure and many of my patients first notice that they have lost inches or reduced their clothing size.  Yes, I definitely would consider doing cool sculpting after liposuction.  Please consult with a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in cool sculpting for the best cosmetic results.

Yes, CoolSculpting can be done in a previous area that underwent liposuction. I have several patients that have good results following this scenario. Basically, if fat is present it can be removed via CoolSculpting.

Sacramento Coolsculpting After Liposuction

I believe there is no medical reason that a coolsculpting treatment cannot be done 6 months after liposuction if the usual coolsculpting criteria are present.  As to whether it will accomplish your "desired look", that would best be discussed at consultation.

In order to best answer your question you should be evaluated by a qualified provider. Factors to consider include: what areas of liposuction were performed, the presence or absence of submuscular fat, sufficient "pinchable" fat to treat with the coolsculpting applicator, quality/quantity of skin in area of concern and an appropriate level of expectation.

Good luck,

Dr. Kaniff

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD, FACS
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting® Is Safe, But Will It Help?

Yes, you can undergo CoolSculpting 6 months after your procedure. The real issue is whether you have excess skin or residual fat that is causing your concerns. If you have excess skin, then CoolSculpting will not help. If you have residual fat that was not removed from the liposuction treatment, then it probably will give you an improvement. Be sure to ask a body contouring specialist what's best for you. Good luck!

CoolSculpting after Liposuction

I have performed thousands of tumescent liposuction procedures and have found that the complete healing process may take up to 1 year. It would be best to wait 9-12 months after your liposuction before pursuing another procedure so as to appreciate the entire achieved outcome.

Sue Ellen Cox, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Post Liposuction

It is possible to receive a Coolsculpting treatment after liposuction as long as you are fully healed. Coolsculpting is a non-surgical treatment that will help reduce excess body fat. A Coolsuclpting treatment will reduce about 20% of fat in the area treated and you will see the results typically between 2-4 months after the procedure once your body naturally eliminates the destructed fat. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this is the procedure will help you achieve your desired look.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting after Liiposuction

Check with you dotter to see what their protocol is about Coolscultoing after liposuction.  I have not had any f my own liposuction patients ask for Coolsculpting in the same area as they have had liposuction. If a patient  wants Coolsculpting in a different area following liposuction I see no  problem with that at all. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting after lipo

CoolSculpting might be helpful in destroying more fat cells IF the skin tone is good.  Please have your doctor evaluate the area of concern--if there is not a significant component that is fatty in nature, you might not see a substantial change.  Lipo and CoolSculpting do not reduce the skin excess.  I would hate to have you getting additional treatment if you don't have any fatty tissue to address?!

Janet Turkle, MD