Should I use treat Keloids that have appeared on my body? (Photo)

I have brown skin and I am 22 years old. I have some Keloid scars on my upper back and one on my upper chest. One grew from an stretch mark and others from either a injury or a small pimple. Some small ones have flattened and disappeared but some grew with time and I don't know if they are going to grow even more. Should I go for a treatment? If yes, what is the best for small ones? The one on my back(shoulder) doesn't look good and my friends always ask about it.

Doctor Answers 2

Hypertrophic Scar/Keloid -- Pulsed Dye Laser/VBeam, 5fu/steroids, Fraxel/Viva, CO2, Aerolase

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest an in person consultation with an expert for evaluation. Hypertrophic scarring should be treated in a combination approach with lasers along with steroid/5fu injections. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Treatment of keloids in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Our office specializes in keloid treatments. I would suggest using a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, Melarase creams, IIT, and laser therapy to smooth your keloids. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.