My nose tip is very ugly. Is there any way to reduce it? (photo)

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Reducing a bulbous basal tip

Improving and refining a flaring bulbous tip are frequent requests of patients wanting nasal refinement. It is possible to improve the cosmetic appearance of the tip alone without altering the rest of the nose in some patients. Whether the optimal option in your particular situation would be a tip rhinoplasty alone or a full rhinoplasty would best be determined at a consultation. Either procedure can be performed with a closed or open approach.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

My nose tip is very ugly. Is there any way to reduce it?

The photographs demonstrate a bulbous tip and thick skin. The thick skin will be an impediment to seeing refinement in the nasal tip area. Suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip with a rhinoplasty procedure. For more information and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Your tip can certainly be refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach to minimize scarring and downtime.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty, that way they can perform a physical examination of your nose and give you the optimal results you desire. From what I can tell from your photographs, it appears your tip is bulbous and enlarged. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty question

Thank you for your pictures, certainly rhinoplasty could improve some of the qualities that you desire. We perform rhinoplasty mainly to narrow the nose, or often to make the nasal tip smaller. These are changes that can be done, and often the results do very on thickness of the patient's skin. If the wideness of the tip is an issue, basic maneuvers can reduce the size.  please consult the plastic surgeon who can discuss the recovery as well as the procedure with you in person after an in-depth exam. Good luck!

Kailash Narasimhan, MD
Sherman Plastic Surgeon

Help for bulbous tip

• From reviewing your photos, it seems you have thick skin and large lower lateral cartilages.  Utilizing reductive techniques, the tip and width of your nose can be improved.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hi  thanks to share your pic.You do have a bulbous tip with thick  nasal skin and a wide nasal base.you can achieve optimal improvement by cephalic trim and alar base reduction.But a detailed examination and assessment is needed prior to the procedure,do consult a board certified plastic surgeon discuss in detail and then plan your procedure.