Is it safe to take ibuprofen or robaxacet for back pain 1 week post abdominalplasty?

Ibuprofen after Tummy Tuck?

I have had no problems with the use of ibuprofen a week following a tummy tuck.  As a matter of fact, some doctors use injectional blood thinners for patients a day after tummy tuck to decrease the risk of blood clots in higher risk patients.  Your risk for bleeding from ibuprofen taken days after surgery is very low.  Best wishes!

Anti inflammatory meds post tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. I actually routinely place nearly all of my tummy tuck patients on ibuprofen 2 days post surgery. Yes it is safe.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

NSAIDS after abdominoplasty

Only take Mobic or Celebrex for three weeks after this surgery in order to be safe.  Bleeding can occur in some patients.

Susan Kolb, MD