Will my casual smoking affect my Brazilian butt lift?

I'm getting a brazilian butt lift done soon and I am a casual smoker. I dont buy packs, and i smoke socially on weekends when I have a few drinks. Once in awhile I'll have a smoke during the day here or there when I am stressed out. Will this affect my brazilian butt lift? It's coming up in 2 weeks and I'm concerned it might.

Smoking prior to BBL

Thanks for your inquiry.  Cigarettes have nicotine which causes the blood vessels to shrink, so you do not really get the circulation needed to keep the fat cells alive.  So even if you are just a casual smoker, it can still compromise your results if you continue to smoke before and after surgery.  I would recommend discussing this further with your surgeon. 

Smoking and BBL

Consuming Nicitine (by smoking, breathing other people's smoke, patches or by gum) is associated with a huge reduction in blood flow to the skin and the subcutaneous tissues. With BBL we want to maximize survival of the transferred fat by staying off the grafted areas for long periods of time to allow maximal oxygen delivery to these areas. Nicotine consumption of any kind would drop blood supply and oxygen delivery and result in meddles loss of fat and worse BBK results. 
NO SMOKING. 

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

You absolutely need to refrain from smoking both before and after surgery to maximize fat survival and reduce chances of fat necrosis.

Beverly Hills, CA