Does touching the nose 16 days post-op affect the result?

I had rhinoplasty 16 days ago and my doctor just removed the plasters that were on my nose yesterday. im just wondering are my bones healed or will any touch (by accident) change the shape ? cause my nose was runny so i gently wipped it but im afraid i accidentally moved the tip of my nose causing it to change the results

Touching the nose after rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question. Light touching is not likely to cause trauma to your nose. Considering that you had your procedure done less than 3 weeks ago, it would not be uncommon to observe some swelling that may take up to 6 months to completely resolve. 
As always, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Post-operative healing

Healing after rhinoplasty can take weeks to months for the tissues to fully mend. In the immediate weeks after surgery, accidental trauma to the nose or aggressive touching can cause the tissues to shift and potentially lead to an untoward outcome. If you are worried about your cosmetic result, I suggest you speak with your surgeon’s office and be evaluated. Generally though, after 10 days, the bones are often well set. The cartilages can however shift, so care should be taken. Best of luck with the healing process!

Jeffrey Rawnsley, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are probably okay at this point of your recovery. However, follow up closely with your surgeon to ensure the best results.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Gentle rubbing or touching should be ok.  If concerned best to review what you can and cannot do with your surgeon.

Swelling, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Touching the nose after rhinoplasty

Touching the nose after rhinoplasty  in the early postoperative period can break sutures and definitely change the shape of the nose. I suggest you see your surgeon as soon as possible. Best wishes in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon