Gynecomastia? Best approach liposuction?

Had chest issues since puberty, even at a lower body fat still somewhat a issue. I don't feel any hard disc under the nipple or really any hard anything was curious if I was to only do lipo if the cost would be less and if in a professionals opinion if liposuction would be sufficient I would like to be aggressive as possible with the area as far as removing as much as safely possible. I hope the pictures provided can give a idea of what's going on.

Treatment

Hello and thanks. Your gynecomastia may be amenable to liposuction mostly but the breast bud tissue needs to be evaluated by a BCPS. 

Be well

DrBurnett#realself100

Best approach to gynecomastia?

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Lipo for gynecomastia?

Without a photo it's hard to draw a meaningful conclusion. In general excess fatty tissue in the breasts can be removed with liposuction. This may be all that you need if there is no hard disk or mass beneath the nipple. Plan to consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate plenty of experience with male pectoral contouring surgery

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Hello. I use ultrasonic liposuction for the treatment of gynecomastia. This allows the breast tissue to be removed also.

Best of luck.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

If you have true gynecomastia, you will need a combination treatment of lipo and direct excision. Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Accurate diagnosis and treatment recommendations would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate  as uncomfortable as gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Again treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. 

Generally speaking, liposuction surgery alone is useful to treat lipomastia (an enlarged chest secondary to adipose tissue); rarely does it suffices as the only modality of treatment when it comes to treating true gynecomastia. Most patients with gynecomastia benefit from direct excision of glandular tissue plus/minus peripheral liposuction surgery.

My best suggestion:  seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Liposuction

If there is no firm glandular component. then liposuction may be right for you. Remember liposuction does not really tighten the skin to any significant degree.

About Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

The gland excision is the only cure for gynecomastia

The gland excision is the only cure for gynecomastia. Liposuction is almost never enough to eradicate the gynecomastia and solve the problem.