Shrink Mid Section: Am I a Good Canidate for Vaser?

I am 5'8" and weigh 160 lbs. I have 3 children and am interested in shrinking my mid section. I walk several days a week and have recently reached my goal weight. I do have a bit of loose skin but could stand to lose more fat in the midsection. I have read on here that Vaser only minimally tightens skin but I'm wondering if it will help me at all. I'm NOT expecting a six pack. I am scheduled for a consult with 2 different doctors but was hoping to get a heads up on what to expect.

Are you a good candidate for Vaser liposuction?

Vaser liposuction allows for efficient fat removal and some skin shrinkage after the procedure. If there is excess skin, stretch marks, and/or muscle weakness from pregnancy or weight change, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a better option.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Determining If You Are a Good Candidate for Vaser Liposuction

An ideal  #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction.  Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring.  Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilent areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body. 

It's best to begin consulting with a board certified plastic surgery to learn if you are a candidate for liposuction. If so, you will then learn more about which #technique will work best for you and your goals. It is important you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with #vaser #liposuction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.

Vaser Lipo

If your skin is loose now, it will only get more lax if you remove the fat.  It’s best to do a tummy tuck and the skin can be removed that is in excess.  If you do not want the scar and that type of surgery, than lipo is the next best thing, but you will have loose skin, and possibly some irregularity.  I like Vaser, but Vaser is better with laser used in conjunction.  In spite of the two helping to retract and tighten the skin, they are not enough to make your abdomen tight.  Surgery is frequently the best option in these cases.  Get an opinion from a BCPS in your area you are comfortable with and make a plan.

Vaser Lipo

VASER can decrease torso fat

VASER ultrasonic liposuction can effectively reduce the fat around your torso and tighten your skin somewhat.  

• Do you want to look good in your clothes, or naked?
  • How much time can you be out of work or at home recuperating?
  • How strong are your core muscles?

Emily Pollard, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

VASER can decrease torso fat

• How strong are your core muscles?

Emily Pollard, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Vaser on abdomen

You are probably a better candidate for a full tummy tuck after having several chifdren and compalining about a lax abdsomen. This will also tighten the muscles and remove the excess skin.

Vaser on abdomen

Am I a Good Canidate for Vaser?

From reviewing your posted photos I recommend an extended mini tummy tuck with Smart Lipo. Vaser will not be my choice. 

Am I a Good Canidate for Vaser?