I'm I a Good Candidate for Chin Implant? or Do I Need Something Else? (photo)

Am I a Good Candidate for Chin Implant? or Do I Need Something Else?

A chin implant will certainly improve your appearance and will improve your facial balance.  A chin implant will not improve the way your teeth come together, and it will not be a replacement for mandibular advancement if necessary.  However, the chin implant is a simple, short outpatient procedure that can help your appearance with minimal downtime.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin implant for receding chin

A chin implant is performed for patients who have a receding chin and who would like to have an augmentation of the mandible.  The implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, are inserted through small submental incision, and  are inserted under local anesthesia

Chin implant for receding chin

The main question which isn't revealed by your photo is how your teeth fit together. A chin implant will improve your profile but will not change the position of your teeth. If you have dental problems associated with the weak chin you might benefit from a jaw advancement procedure to both improve your appearance on profile and the way your teeth fit together. The associated downtime with a jaw advancement is much higher than with a chin implant. Most patients are fully recovered one week following placement of a chin implant. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery