Am I a Good Candidate for Calf/ankle Liposuction? (photo)

After multiple attempts of natural workouts and diet regimens I am now highly considering liposuction on my calves.I am 5' 5" and weigh around 117 lbs. My legs have always been heavier than any other part of my body especially my calfs! My head is relatively small 20 in around biggest part which draws more attention to my calf size issue. And i cant ever wear boots shorts or dresses. I measured the top part to be around 14.5 in and the ankle to be around 9 in and inbetween to be around 13 in. ?

Calf Reduction

When looking for a surgeon for something very specific, such as liposuction of the calves and ankles, it is important to find a doctor who routinely performs the procedure and who can show you before and after pictures of patients that they have operated on. These images will not only give you a sense of the surgeon’s skill, but will help you to better visualize the procedure for yourself.

Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can reduce the bulge that some people have in their ankles and restore a more shapely leg. Unlike other areas of the body the ankles and calves  require a certain delicacy which is why I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. SmartLipo, used in combination with other forms of liposuction or alone, is a procedure that uses laser light to liquefy fat and tighten the surrounding skin. It’s thought to  involve less downtime and side-effects than traditional liposuction and is particularly good for small areas of fat deposits like the ankles. New technology that's gentler and faster than ever before not only allows the removal of fat, but also resculpts the legs.

Calf and ankle liposculpting is truly an art form and needs a lipo specialist.

All docs do liposuction but when you want true sculpting you need someone with yrs of experience in tumescent liposuctions and who does it with the micro canulas under local anesthesia for the very best results. You need to be awake so you can stand up and turn in all positions to give your doc the access to the areas and he/she needs to be using the tiny micro canulas to sculpt the calves and ankles without scars and with the smoothest results. Expect to pay roughly $5-6.000 on special for the calves and ankles and enjoy the new you with shaplier legs.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf Liposuction

Liposuction on the calves can be performed if the issue is fatty tissue under the skin.  If it is do to a large calf muscle there really is no plastic surgery answer.  Calf liposuction is extremely difficult as there can be many irregularities after it.  I use the VASER, which is an ultrasound assisted liposuction to help cavitate (break up) the fat, allowing a smoother result.  Special small, curved cannulas are used as the calves are a difficult are to reach.  There is significant edema following the procedure and leg elevation a must.  A compression garment/surgical stockings are worn for 2 month and no exercise for 1 month following the procedure.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD