Am I a Candidate for Liposculture and Are the Results Permanent? What if I Gain Weight?

how do i know if im a candidate for liposculpture? im healthy. i watch what i eat. i weigh 60 kgs. i have never fluctuated in weight unless sick and i have a toned body. HOWEVER it never matches the "slim and toned" look other males similar to me have. my stomach doesnt show a six back and the ONLY time it looks half decent is when i wake up on a empty stomach or if i starve for a day or two before a event. i always look bloatted and i hate it. i dont think i even should be dieting.

The Best Candidate for Liposculpture

Traditional liposuction is useful mostly for reducing the volume—or “de-bulking”—of patients that are quite overweight. Patients who undergo traditional liposuction will indeed be smaller, yet they will not see muscular definition.

VASER Hi-Def is meant for those who are in decent shape to those who are moderately overweight. It is especially for those who have difficulty seeing real muscular definition, despite a rigorous exercise and diet program. It is not meant for very overweight or obese people.

Am I a candidate for liposculpture?

Book a consultation now!!  You definitely need an exam, but based on the information you have provided, you sound like a great candidate for liposculpture.  You are at a steady weight, you have no underlying health conditions and you exercise regularly.  You might also inquire about abdominal etching - a procedure especially designed for people who, like you, are unable to get the "six pack abs" they desire - despite working out!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposculpture Results

Thank you for your question. Some bloating you have may be due to dietary issues, and not eating allows the issue to leave. You may have food allergies, and screening would be good to eliminate that possibility. Wheat, dairy, and others can cause these type of symptoms. Liposuction will only help if there are deposits of fat that do not go away with exercise, and are just a genetic pooch in an unwanted area. have an evaluation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and determine if there is fat in the area of concern, or if it is an internal issue. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture for a Person at Goal Weight

If you are at goal weight, liposculpture may be a very good intervention, but you will need an exam.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction and candidate

Without an exam it is difficult to say whether or not you are a good candidate.  Photos would have helped and more history as well. Best to be seen in person.  Good luck.

Good Candidate for Liposculpture

It can be frustrating when you work out and keep your weight steady and can't achieve your goals through diet and exercise.  Based on the information provided, it sounds like you be a very good candidate for liposculpture. If you maintain your weight and continue to exercise, you should not experience a return of the fat cells which are permanently destroyed during the liposuction procedure.  Should you gain weight, the fat would most likely return to an area that was not treated during the procedure.  Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in liposuction procedures.  Your results will vary greatly depending upon the expertise of your surgeon.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon