Am I a candidate for tickle lipo? (photo)

My large hanging abdomen has me really depressed and I have been researching procedures but am curious to know what you guys suggest . 32 bmi perfect health 4 c-sections

Am I a good candidate for a liposuction?

You are a much better candidate for a tummy tuck, also called an abdominoplasty. A liposuction would leave you with too much excess skin. However, it would be best to have a liposuction of your sides at the same time as the tummy tuck. Thank you for your question.

Which Liposuction Technique is Best?

In general it is the skill of the Plastic Surgeon and not the device that is most important. Tickle Lipo, power assisted, ultrasonic, smart lipo, etc etc - Find the best surgeon and let him/her pick the best technique. 

Without pictures, it is hard to give you accurate advice. In general, you are a candidate if you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise. If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. I recommend that you seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in-person and give you the best answer. 

Lipo or Tummy Tuck

Based on the photos provided I would recommend tummy tuck with lipo for your case.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to selection of plastic surgeon, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Am I A Candidate For Tickle Lipo?

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Based on your pictures you are not a good candidate for liposuction.  If you simply want to remove 'bulk,' then liposuction might be appropriate.  Removing the 'bulk' of fat will most likely leave you with loose hanging skin that drapes over your waist and can be uncomfortable and difficult to accommodate certain clothing options.

My recommendation, seek out a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in performing tummy tucks.  This should give you the optimal aesthetic result.

Best wishes!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for tickle lipo?

The hanging tummy would be better addressed with a tummy tuck.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

Based on the photos provided I would recommend searching for a tummy tuck specialist you will achieve much better results with this procedure.
Daily I see people in my office confused about what their options are with respect to making the abdomen look better.
The key is skin tone. If your abdomen has good skin elasticity then liposuction will remove the fat from underneath the skin, and the skin will shrink up and chances are you'll be satisfied.
If the skin is loose or sagging, then removing fat from underneath the skin will tend to make the skin even looser. In this situation we begin a discussion of tummy tuck.
If there is a whole role of skin that can be pinched from the pubic area to the bellybutton then that patient will generally be better with a full tummy tuck. You might try this on your own while sitting down.
If a small pinch gives improvement just above the pubic area than mini tummy tuck might be a better option.
Another issue with an abdominal contouring is not skin or fat laxity, but laxity of the abdominal wall. With childbearing and weight gain weight and loss the abdominal wall stretches and usually will not come back without some help from your plastic surgeon. I would strongly recommend that you let your plastic surgeon give you your best options and evaluate you.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon