Will Silhouette Facelift Help Post Weight Loss Surgery Patients?

Silhouette InstaLift

Thank you for your question. Silhouette InstaLift™ is a minimally invasive procedure that is able to target the deeper layers of skin on a patient’s face and neck. This new target area makes the procedure stand out from existing procedures that treat the surface or outer layers of the skin, such as wrinkles, brown spots or lost volume. An aged appearance is usually caused by a patient's deeper layers, so targeting that area allows us to get better natural results. Instalift has absorbable lifting sutures that tighten the skin and stimulate collagen as they dissolve over time. It’s difficult to tell without any photos. For more information, I recommend getting a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist. 

Silhouette InstaLift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Silhouette InstaLift or Facelift

As a facial plastic surgeon who's passion is facial rejuvenation, I perform a wide variety of facelift procedures depending on the needs, goals, and aging pattern of each individual patient.  In my opinion and experience, The Silhouette Lift is a nonsurgical/minimally invasive tool which can be used to help patients achieve their goals by truly tightening, and lifting drooping volume and skin in the face without incisions. THIS IS NOT THE SAME THREAD LIFT THAT LOST FDA APPROVAL YEARS AGO

Until now, the closest thing to this procedure has been the "skin-only facelift", which is a surgery that I find hard to justify performing. "Skin-only" facelifts  usually require incisions that are similar to a mini-facelift, but without any muscle tightening, so results tend to last a few months to a year. A well performed mini-lift can last 3 years, and in many cases significantly longer.  

I view the Instalift as a procedure for patients with mild to moderate looseness of the mid and lower face, without a significant amount of loose skin, who do not have the time to recover from a facelift (about 1 week), are okay with results that can last about 18-36 months, are not open to having incisions, and find that the cost (about $3500-$6000 - which is in the same range as ulthera and thermitight) is worth the benefits. The results are subtle, but visible to both my patients and me. Patients have been happy. The procedure involves injecting dissolvable sutures with "sculptra" cones under the skin to lift the cheeks and lower face. It can be combined with fillers and botox to create an overall rejuvenated appearance. There are no incisions. Bruising and swelling is minimal if any.  Patients drive themselves home. It takes about 30 minutes to perform with minimal discomfort. Very often the recovery time is similar to that of a filler (24-48 hours if any at all).  

Although patients may get excited to hear its done under local anesthesia,  those who have become part of my practice know that I perform all of my facial plastic surgeries (including facelifts) under local anesthesia as well, which creates a level playing field when it comes to that part of it.  In the right patients, I have found that the results are worth the time, effort and resources. The procedure is a minimally invasive way of tightening the skin of the face. 

To find out if it's an appropriate procedure for you, I suggest doing your research and seeing a board certified surgeon who regularly performs a variety of different facelifts and nonsurgical facial procedures in order to truly get an unbiased recommendation.  

Silhouette InstaLift or Facelift

Silhouette Instalift for weight loss

Thank you for your question.  The Silhouette Instalift is a minimally invasive solution that delivers a great option to patients for whom a facelift surgery is not their preferred approach. There have been several different suture lifts in the past that may have been pulled off the market because due to complications.  The Instalift differs in that the material is resorbable and the suture material actually stimulates collagen as well.  One of the main materials used in the Instalift is the main active ingredient in Sculptra which is commonly used by advanced injectors for facial rejuvenation for collagen stimulation.  In addition, Instalift uses bi-directional cones to reposition the subdermal tissue and facial skin to a more lifted and youthful position.  Over time the implanted sutures and cones also stimulate your own collagen for natural and long lasting results. For patients who have lost weight, this is a great way to help address some of the laxity development that is brought on by some of the facial volume loss associated with weight loss.  I often combine some dermal fillers along with the procedure to further optimize results.  Please contact a Silhouette certified physician for a consultation.  Best of luck!

Silhouette Instalift for weight loss

Silhouette lifts will be gone soon like Thread lifts are

Without properly undermining the skin, releasing it from the underlying tissues, tightening the underlying tissues and gently redraping and excising the extra skin, you won't get a result that looks great and has any chance of lasting. The thread lift type procedures are even worse than the branded minilifts like Lifestyle lift which also wouldn't be worth doing.

Will silhouette facelift help post weight loss surgery patients?

Probably, not.

The silhouette Facelift is just another "thread lift", instead of separating sagging tissues, lifting them and repositioning them, this procedure relies on barbed sutures placed percutaneously through the skin to keep the tissues up.

Experience has shown repeatedly that this does not work. These sutures dislodge, move, become infected and become visible or palpable (aka positive Banjo strings sign).

EVEN the Spanish based company itself on its website (http://www.silhouette-lift.com/page-questions_reponses-15-UK.htm) states:
"Q: Is Silhouette Lift an alternative to a traditional Facelift?
R: A Silhouette Lift can not replace a traditional face lift if you are considering this procedure. It is, however, an effective way of postponing a traditional Facelift for several years
. " As for their meaning of "several years", it states: "Q: How long do the results last? R: As of today, the track record on the Silhouette Sutures is two years for plastic surgery "

People who lose a lot of weight generally have a deflated appearance which requires a comprehensive, individualized face and neck lift. This method is very unlikely to satisfy your needs and is not used by the overwhelming number of members of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.

I would pass if I were you and see another ? real Plastic surgeon.

Probably, not.

Silouette Facelift

If well done, Im sure the silouette facelift will improve your appearance after weight loss. Make sure you do your homework; look at the many alternative facelift options to determine what is best for you. Congratulations for your weight loss!

Silouette Facelift

Comprehensive face/neck lift would be more appropriate

A comprehensive face/neck lift that addresses excess skin in the face and neck areas can address post-op weight loss surgery patients quite well. The face/neck lift operation is done to tighten up muscles, remove excess sagging skin, and any residual fat that is present in the neck, both above and below the platysma muscle. Patients who have undergone weight loss surgery with massive weight loss tend to have an abundance of excess skin in the neck, which is removed through a facelift.

See an experienced facelift surgeon.

The surgeon and his expertise are what you need to find, not the name of a procedure. Let him give you the pros and cons of doing different types of face lifts

See an experienced facelift surgeon.

Silhouette Facelift?

I have to admit I have not heard of this lift. It must be a copyrighted name for some type of minimal lift. If you have had a massive weight loss the only procedure you should be looking at is a standard type facelift by any number of board certified plastic surgeons in your area. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is, so trust your face to an expert who has an armamentarium of tools to address the problem of excess skin, jowls, platysmal bands and overall facial descent. Good luck!

Silhouette Facelift?

Thread lift for facial rejuvenation

The type of facelift you're talking about will provide you with minimal lifting.  After body contouring surgery, the problem is usually excess skin and drooping of the cheek fat.  A standard facelift should provide you with long-lasting results with minimal downtime.  Good luck!

Thread lift for facial rejuvenation