What is Liposculpture?

can a cosmetic surgeon tell me more about the liposculpture option.  Does it work on saddle bags (my main problem)?

Liposculpture can often help with saddle bags

Liposculpture is another name for liposuction, and refers to the process of eliminating localized fat deposits from the body using a small cannula. It is called liposculpture because the surgeon sculpts the body into a more pleasing contour during the process. Liposculpture is often a great choice for helping to reduce the appearance of saddle bags. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologic or plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.

San Diego Dermatologist

Liposuction

Liposculpture is liposuction.  I would be careful about "cosmetic surgeon".  That is a term often used by people who are not board certified plastic surgeons. Look for the best qualifications and you should have the best outcomes.

Liposculpture is the same as liposuction

Liposculpture is another way of saying liposuction. It's basically removing unwanted subcutaneous fat to give you a leaner look. It can definitely work on the saddle bags.

Liposculpture for Diminishing and Recontouring Saddlebags

Liposculpture is a term used to identify a more refined use of Liposuction for the purpose of localized body contouring. To explain, Liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a cannula (straw-like tube) and vacuum to remove subcutaneous deposits of fat. Based on doctor and patient preference, the procedure is most often performed with suction assistance (SAL), ultrasound assistance (UAL), or power assistance (PAL) to improve results, reduce risk, and minimize bleeding. When this fat removal technique is employed to redefine the area being treated, it is referred to as Liposculpting, and the patient will see, not just a loss of fat and inches, but a marked recontouring of the area. Finally, to answer your question, Liposculpture can have a dramatic effect on “saddlebags”.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Liposculpture

Liposculpture or liposuction works very well on the saddlebag area.  this can be done as an outpatient procedure under local or general anesthesia.  I suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the procedure with you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What is Liposculpture?

Liposuction removes unwanted fat from the body. There are several ways this can be done: laser-assisted, ultrasound-assisted, and power-assisted are three main techniques. The premise remains the same. Fat is removed.

Liposculpting is essentially the preferential removal of fat from certain areas of the body to highlight natural contours. This is best understood when considering the male abdomen: the six-pack, for example, can be further defined by removing fat from the areas that correspond to the transverse and vertical lines of the rectus abdominis muscle. By leaving behind fat above the six-pack muscles, and removing fat between the six-pack muscles, the illusion of a stronger and more defined abdominal musculature can be created. For women, the vertical midline (linea alba) can be treated to establish a more muscular appearance and the obliques can be similarly treated to create natural lines and shadows.

Liposuction of the saddle bags

Mini liposuction techniques work well to remove excess fat from the saddle bag area of the hips in women.  This is a great procedure for women bothered by the problem. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Liposculpture

Vaser Lipo is an advanced body contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, Vaser Lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently reshape your body. Saddlebags can be improved greatly with this procedure.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

What is Liposculpture?

We have used the term liposuction and liposculptra interchangeably for decades. Generally, we began using the term liposculptra when we began liposuctioning superficially to get the skin to tighten. This is moderately effective within limits. Liposuctioning superficially is an art, however, and extra time must be taken to assure evenness and smoothness of the skin. But, basically the terms mean the same.

Liposuction for "saddlebags"

The lateral thighs “saddle bags” are often very well treated with liposuction surgery. The procedure works well for patients with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue of the lateral thighs who have good skin elasticity.

Good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

I would suggest consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.