Cause and Treatment for Jaw Clicking?

I had upper and lower jaw surgery 2 1/2 months ago and I am pleased with the results. However, over the past 5 days I have been noticing that the left side of my jaw clicks whenever I eat or talk. What could be the cause of this? Possible way to correct?

Thank you!

Jaw clicking after orthognathic surgery

The jaw clicking is probably not related to the orthognathic surgery performed two-and-a-half months ago, but is more related to the temporomandibular joint, which is most likely the reason for the clicking and popping.

Jaw clicking after orthognathic surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Return to your surgeon for evaluation

There ar many possible causes for this and I would recommend that you return to your oral surgeon to discuss the mangement of this condition if necessary.

Return to your surgeon for evaluation