Facial Reconstructive Surgeon Recommendations in Southern CA?

The Right side of my face has been paralyzed since birth due to a forceps delivery. The right side is sagging more and causing serve watering of the eye. Not only is the eye affected but my breathing as well due to the collapse of my nose on the right side.

I also have experienced food falling out of my mouth because I am unable to close it. The atrophy of the muscles on the affected side of my face has cause serve disfigurement. Where can I find the best treatment for this kind of problem and finacial help in Southern CA. I live in Orange County, CA.

Doctor Answers 3

The Facial Paralysis Institute in Beverly Hills

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are very few centers in the entire country that specialize 100% in facial paralysis.  I would recommend you come see us at the Facial Paralysis Institute where you will have a comprehensive team including a facial reconstructive surgeon, physical therapist, neuro-otologist, ENT, and oculoplastic surgeon.  Our institute treats more than 1,000 patients annually with facial palsy so you know you're in good hands.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Facial reanimation surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend Eli Chang, MD at USC. He is an oculoplastics surgeon which much experience with reanimation of the paralyzed face. He and I were co-fellows, so I can vouch he is among the best.

If you want to take a trip north, I would be happy to see you in Monterey.

Carlo Rob Bernardino, MD
Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Reconstruction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would go to Keith Blackwell at UCLA.  I trained with him and he is the best.  He has the biggest series of microvascular reconstructions in the area and is top notch.  Good Luck!

Ryan N. Heffelfinger, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.