How Do I Get Rid of or Shrink a Raised Scar?

I had a piercing called a dermal anchor in my chest. It ended up rejecting and now I have a pea-shaped scar on my chest. It's raised and it's purple and I'm sick of getting questioned about what's on my chest. What the best way to try to shrink it down or get rid of it?

Doctor Answers 1

Keloid on chest

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best approach is cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen. It can be combined with injections of corticosteroids, or 5 fluoro-uracil.

Your dermatologist or plastic surgeon can help with these procedures.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.