Could You Recommend an Expert in Alar Base Reconstruction?

Over a year ago, I had an Alar base reduction, with one side having too much excised, leaving one nostril with no Alar base left at all.

I am wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a surgeon who might specialize in this type of thing, or at least is considered somewhat of an expert in this type of revision/reconstruction of the nose and Alar base.

Doctor Answers 2

Revision of your alar base may be a difficult procedure.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm concerned that you have "no alar base at all" on one side after Rhinoplasty Surgery. I would be happy to make specific recommendations if you would like to email photos and descriptions of your concerns.

I hope this is helpful, and best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

Restoring the alar base in rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Restoring an over-done alarplasty is a difficult procedure. You should seek out a revision rhinoplasty specialist. I don't know anyone in Dallas but Dr. Russel Kridel in Houston has extensive experience in both revision rhinoplasty as well as alarplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 141 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.