Getting Restylane for Lips Before Starting on Accutane?

After Accutane, I'll be off any kind of elective treatment for a year, so can I get fillers in my nasolabial folds and lips BEFORE starting the drug?

But lips dry up and the skin dries up during Accutane treatment, so will that dry up the filler, make it hard?

Accutane and fillers

Thank you for your question and for sharing your concern. For dermal fillers like Restylane or Juvederm, you should be safe without having to wait a period of time after stopping Accutane or even while on Accutane. This would be very different if I was combining dermal filler's with any energy device that requires your body's ability to heal.

Restylane before Accutane

It seems reasonable to have these treatments done before starting on Accutane.  It is impossible to tell you how you will respond during the Accutane treatment but all you can really do is have the Restylane a few weeks before and see.