What Can Be Done for Redness on Chest?

I have a red chest 24/7. It started about 5 years ago. I am 48 years old, light skinned. I stopped sun bathing 3 years ago and now I'm religious at using the sunscreen.  I used to apply Retin A and Vit. C serum but seemed to have made it worse. I have also tried IPL--one session, yet it's still red. It is not blotchy; just red all over like I am sunburned. Is there a laser or topical treatment I have not thought of?

Reds on the Chest

Treating reds (blood vessels prominent) and browns (hyperpigmentation) should be the bread and butter of IPL.  A good IPL system such as Lumecca will effectively target the reds so not IPL systems are the same.  Here are some other treatments which are effective:

• Ablative laser resurfacing- Fractionated C02 resurfacing or erbium at a lighter setting can help build up collagen
  • Fractora- RF needling can help improve the texture and collagen creation in the skin here
  • IPL- can help improve the brown spots and discoloration of the area
  • Melanage or Cosmelan- Peels can help improve the appearance of the discoloration
  • Sculptra- Dilute Sculptra can help improve the texture of the skin and crepy appearance of the skin.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reds on the Chest

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon