Is 25% TCA Peel Safe for Olive or Tan Skin?

I am an olive/tan Persian girl. Is 25% TCA peel safe for my skin color ?

TCA peel for darker skin type

TCA peels are beneficial for all skin types, however with darker skin it is recommended to pre treat with 4% hydroquinone for 4 to 6 weeks prior to the peel to suppress pigment producing cells, this in turn will decrease chances of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. As long as you are appropriately pre-treated and have a physician who can manage the post-procedure period, you should be able to tolerate a medium depth peel, such as a 25-35% TCA peel. The key is to find a physician with experience with resurfacing darker skin types. We do a high volume of these peels in our practice and have had good success.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

TCA peel for darker skin type

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

25% TCA peels can work for olive skinned persian girls

It is not a problem doing a 25% TCA peel on an olive tanned Persian girl, but you need to use a cortisone lotion such as Desowen lotion 2-3 times a day for a week along with sunscreens daily and start a bleaching cream sparingly after it peels in 1 week and continue them until your color looks good in about 2 weeks.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel for olive skin

I probably would not recommend anything stronger than a 20% TCA peel for someone of your skin type. Even with the lower strength chemical peels, there is still a small risk of developing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, darker discoloration of the skin that can last several weeks to months.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

TCA peel for olive skin

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist