Needling, Dermabrasion, or Fillers for Scar Under Eyebrow?

I have a "depressed" or "indented" type of scar under my right eyebrow. I'm wondering if the procedure called skin needling would work? Or dermabrasion? Or am I stuck with having to get fillers?

Doctor Answers 1

Indented scar

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it does look like there is quite a depression in your scar. Dermabrasion will not appropriately treat this problem. Dermabrasion is mostly used for fine wrinkles around the mouth or sometimes to smooth out slightly raised scars. The best option for you is fillers (there are longer lasting available now) or possibly fat grafting. Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.