Will Three Months Be Enough Recovery Time for Liposculpture?

Is there time for liposculpture? It is now November and I am getting married in March 2010. I am considering getting liposculpture on my abdomen (lower) and 'love handles'. Will 3 or so months be sufficent recovery time to look good (and not swollen) on the big day?

Will three months be enough recovery time after a lipo?

Usually, within three months after a lipo, you should be very well off, as far as there are no complications.  By then, you should be enjoying the results of your liposculpture.

Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

3 month recovery time after Lipo should be fine for your wedding

The best results after liposuction is usually seen 4-5 months after lipo but if you have 3 months you will still look great since 1 month is all alot of patients have and they still look great for their weddings. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

For most patients, 3 months is enough time to see significant results.

For most patients, 3 months is enough time to see significant results, although they may still have a little bit of residual swelling. Each patient heals at a different rate, but as long you follow all post-care instructions and visit a board-certified dermatologist with proven results, you should look great on your wedding day 3 months after liposuction.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

With liposculpture the greatest swelling and bruising resolution occurs during the first 6 weeks.  Although patients continue seeing subtle improvements over the course of 6-12 months, I think most will be OK at three months for an event like a wedding.  Of course, this also assumes a complication-free recovery period.  Best of luck!

Paul Fortes, MD

3 Months Adequate

By one month after liposuction, you should start to see some improvement in your contours.  By three months most of the patients have seen significant changes.

Liposculpture Recovery Time

This is a great question because so many people make the decision to improve their appearance just before a big event. In this case, the bride-to-be allowed herself ample time to heal. In answer to her question, I advise liposculpture patients that they won’t see their final results for 3-6 months. However, that amount of recovery time varies from patient to patient depending upon age, lifestyle, the size of the area being treated, and the amount of fat to be removed. In this case, the target areas are large, so the patient can expect the swelling, bruising, and soreness to last up to a month or more. After that, she will see continual improvement.So while her result may not quite have peaked, in three months time, she’ll see a size reduction and improvement in proportions and definition that will make her very proud to walk down the aisle.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Liposculpture Recovery

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding. Three months post op should be enough time for recovery. You will notice most of your swelling will be gone as will any bruising or discomfort. Recovery varies from patient to patient, but for the most part 3 months is a long enough time to look great on your wedding day.

Jaime Perez, MD

Getting Married!

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  I normally tell patients to allow for 3-6 months to see the "final" result with liposuction surgery but at the 3 month mark, I think you should see a nice improvement and be ready for the big day.  Best Wishes!

3 months enough Recovery Time for Liposculpture?

Usually swelling is gone in 2-3 weeks but sometimes can remain a little longer. Normally we tell our patients to wait 4-6 months to see 80% of their results. However by month three, especially if you have been working out and eating well you should see great results!

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon