Will Three Months Be Enough Recovery Time for Liposculpture?

Is there time for liposculpture? It is now November and I am getting married in March 2010. I am considering getting liposculpture on my abdomen (lower) and 'love handles'. Will 3 or so months be sufficent recovery time to look good (and not swollen) on the big day?

Will three months be enough recovery time after a lipo?

Usually, within three months after a lipo, you should be very well off, as far as there are no complications.  By then, you should be enjoying the results of your liposculpture.

Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

3 month recovery time after Lipo should be fine for your wedding

The best results after liposuction is usually seen 4-5 months after lipo but if you have 3 months you will still look great since 1 month is all alot of patients have and they still look great for their weddings. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

For most patients, 3 months is enough time to see significant results.

For most patients, 3 months is enough time to see significant results, although they may still have a little bit of residual swelling. Each patient heals at a different rate, but as long you follow all post-care instructions and visit a board-certified dermatologist with proven results, you should look great on your wedding day 3 months after liposuction.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

With liposculpture the greatest swelling and bruising resolution occurs during the first 6 weeks.  Although patients continue seeing subtle improvements over the course of 6-12 months, I think most will be OK at three months for an event like a wedding.  Of course, this also assumes a complication-free recovery period.  Best of luck!

Paul Fortes, MD

3 Months Adequate

By one month after liposuction, you should start to see some improvement in your contours.  By three months most of the patients have seen significant changes.

Liposculpture Recovery Time

This is a great question because so many people make the decision to improve their appearance just before a big event. In this case, the bride-to-be allowed herself ample time to heal. In answer to her question, I advise liposculpture patients that they won’t see their final results for 3-6 months. However, that amount of recovery time varies from patient to patient depending upon age, lifestyle, the size of the area being treated, and the amount of fat to be removed. In this case, the target areas are large, so the patient can expect the swelling, bruising, and soreness to last up to a month or more. After that, she will see continual improvement.So while her result may not quite have peaked, in three months time, she’ll see a size reduction and improvement in proportions and definition that will make her very proud to walk down the aisle.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Liposculpture Recovery

Congradulations on your upcoming wedding. Three months post op should be enough time for recovery. You will notice most of your swelling will be gone as will any bruising or discomfort. Recovery varies from patient to patient, but for the most part 3 months is a long enough time to look great on your wedding day.

Jaime Perez, MD

Getting Married!

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  I normally tell patients to allow for 3-6 months to see the "final" result with liposuction surgery but at the 3 month mark, I think you should see a nice improvement and be ready for the big day.  Best Wishes!

3 months enough Recovery Time for Liposculpture?

Usually swelling is gone in 2-3 weeks but sometimes can remain a little longer. Normally we tell our patients to wait 4-6 months to see 80% of their results. However by month three, especially if you have been working out and eating well you should see great results!

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture and liposuction post op recovery

To ensure quickest liposculpture or liposuction post op recovery, it would be advisable to avoid general anesthesia and not have the cannula entry holes sewned by your liposuction surgeon. With tumescent liposuction with or without Vaser or Smartlipo, where the entry port holes are not sewned but allowed to drain, one should be able to go back to work in a week. While final tissue remodeling may not be complete in 6 months, 3 months should be plenty for post op recovery unless there is unforseen complication of infection, seroma formation, etc.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon