How Does Liposculpting Affect Stretch Marks?

How does liposculpting affect stretch marks?

-- Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Liposuction and stretch marks - Los Angeles

Patients who have severe stretch marks are not good candidates for liposculpture unless stretch marks are therein addressed with laser skin resurfacing procedures. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Liposculpting for stretch marks

I agree with several others who replied.  Liposculpture is not really the procedure of choice for stretch marks.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Try Fraxel Instead

Liposonix does not treat stretch marks. It is only a treatment for fat. however, they can be treated with the Fraxel re:store laser.

Stretch Marks Typically Unchanged after Liposuction Liposculpture

My experience is that Liposculpture and/or liposuction will not improve or make stretch marks worse.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction and Stretch Marks?

Liposuction surgery does not improve stretch marks;  “deflating” the involved area of adipose tissue may actually make the stretch marks more visible.

Ideal candidates for liposuction surgery are patients who present with isolated,  diet and exercise resistant,  adipose tissue with good quality ( high elasticity) overlying skin.

Stretch Mark Treatment

Liposuction alone does not improve stretch marks in my experience.  The best results that I have with stretch marks are to treat the abdomen with laser liposuction (internal skin tightening) followed by Skin Tyte (external skin tightening) then I treat the stretch marks themselves with a profractional laser.  As with most procedures, some people are better candidates then others.  Evaluation is essential to help you predict how much improvement you would expect.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

The effect of liposuction on stretch marks.

I have generally observed that tighthening stretch marked skin will often result in an improvement in the appearance of the stretch marks. Conversely, looseing the skin via liposuction may make the stretch marks appear more prominent. It rarely makes them better.

Liposuction sometimes improves stretch marks

Laser assisted liposuction like smartlipo liposculpture may improve stretch marks by tightening the skin. In the same fashion it may improve cellulite. At MetropolitanMD we frequently combine this with fractional laser resurfacing to improve results.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Liposuction can make stretch marks worse

Liposuction is effective and popular technique to recontour the body. It works on the deep layers of fat to help remove volume and reveal your inner curves. A great results with liposuction is dependent on the quality of overlying skin. If this skin has been damaged and has stretch marks, removal of additional fat will cause additional sagging of the skin. If this is a concern, your best bet may be to combine liposuction with a small lift procedure that can remove the extra skin.