Options to Get Rid of Spot Scar from Laser Treatment?

I had laser treatment done for an age spot. The nurse missed the actual spot and lasered just under the spot. The laser left a burn that now is a dark scar. This happened 2 months ago and the the scar is still dark and not fading. What is my best option for the problem?

Botox Price Calculator

What would you like to change?

Total Price

See the math

Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.

Please enter a valid {{ field }}.

Congrats!

These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.

Try Hydroquinone and Retin A

Next time, if you receive a laser burn, do have it attended to quickly to prevent the problem you had. There should be a dermatologist or plastic surgeon supervising whenever a laser device is used in just such an eventuality.

My recommendation, after two months, would be to try a combination of a mid strength Retinoid such as Retin A microgel .04 ( a stronger one might lead to inflammation followed by post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation and Hydroquinone 4%.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist