Should Inner Thighplasty Be Done First?

I plan on having an inner thighplasty with the long incision to the knee. And I also plan on having a Butt Lift (with augmentation) and outer thigh lift (separate surgery from the inner thighs).

Does it matter what order I do these 2 surgeries? If there any advance or disadvantage to doing the inner thighs first?

Does it make more sense to do the butt and outer thighs first (leaving the inner thigh for last) or does it not matter?

FYI: I already had an extended Tummy Tuck earlier this year.

Thank you for your input.

Inner Thigh Lift

It will unlikely make a big difference but I do the lower body lift before any other procedure. A lower body lift or in your case a lateral thigh lift with butt lift will pull up on the thighs to any extent, specially the lateral thigh lift. So you will get some help from the procedure.

I would recommend to do the lateral thigh and butt lift and leave the inner thigh lift for the end.

Good luck.

Take your pick

F & T,

The sequence of the operations from this point forward is mostly philosophical and personal -- start with the areas that bother you and that are within your budget. 

Ask your plastic surgeon; he or she may have a preference. Good luck!

You Can Combine Your Thigh Lift with Buttock Lift

I will usually do my lower body lifts first (tummy, buttocks, outer thighs) , then do arms and inner thighs last. The bikini incision plus the thigh incision all in the pubic area can be a nuisance otherwise.

Since your ETT was already done, you should have no issue doing inners and outers along with the buttock lift together. Happy healing !

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Staged Massive Weight Loss Surgery

It's not unusual for patients to develop significant amounts of loose skin following massive weight loss. When this situation arises, almost any area of the body can be affected. For this reason, it's not uncommon for patients to require staged procedures. The order in which these procedures are performed depends upon a variety of factors. In some cases, the personal preference of the surgeon or patient is the determining factor.

In your particular case, I believe that performing a posterior body lift as an initial maneuver would offer significant advantages. This could be followed by a medial thigh lift three to six months later. When this approach is utilized, I feel that it's easier to fine tune the thigh contour.

The medial thigh lift is performed with a groin incision that's extended downward along the inner thigh towards the knee. This approach allows removal of skin in both the transverse and vertical dimensions and results in significant contour improvement. It's associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction.

If you're considering thigh lift surgery, it's important to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Inner, outer thigh lift and butt lift enhancement

Inner thigh lift one surgery if done with long scar, done only if the grion crease incision is not ideal.

Then lateral thigh lift buttock lift and enhancement can be done in another procedure.

If the inner thigh lift through a grion incision is indicated then all can be done in one procedure with good results.