Surgeon Who Specializes in Removing Indented Scars?

Im a 30 year old woman and I need some advice for an indented scar on the side of my chin area. The scar is from persistent acne years ago and the skin never elevated from it--it's a 5 year old scar. I tried going to a surgeon in Chicago but he said there's nothing he could do. So I am now looking here for answers to diminish the scar and smoother the texture of my skin in my chin area. Please recommend a surgeon who specializes in the area if you can. I live in Southeast Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.

Doctor Answers 2

Surgeon Who Specializes in Removing Indented Scars

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. David Larson and Dr. Terrence Wilkins may be possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 physicians, and choose the one who can best customize a treatment plan suitable to use.

West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Indented scar

Dear Madison79,

The chin is very difficult area to do a scar revision because to cut out the indentation and repair it will leave you with a defect that may require a flap for repair. For acne scarring, you can try subcision which can be done by a dermatologist or you may consider a filler that can lift up the skin. Start out with a hyaluronic acid filler so that if you don't like it, the result is not permanent. Then you can move on to a more permanent solution. If you are looking for a dermatologist in your area check out You can search by area.

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

Kavita Mariwalla, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.