Is Biotin for Thinning Eyebrows Safe for a Hypothyroid Patient?

My dermatologist recommended biotin for my thinning eyebrows, but I'm borderline hypothyroid. Should I worry that biotin is made from soybeans, a natural thryroid depressant, if I am borderline hypothyroid?

Biotin does not grow eyebrows or hair. If your dermatologist recommends it, you can try it and see if it works.

Biotin does not grow eyebrows or hair. If your dermatologist recommends it, you can try it and see if it works.  Low thyroid levels can cause eyebrow hair loss.  Perhaps you should see an endocrinologist.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Biotin use for thinning eyebrows

You should discuss this with your dermatologist as well as your endocrinologist. Since you are borderline hypothyroid, the issues need to addressed by your doctors.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon