Cheapest Breast Augmentation Price in Fort Lauderdale?

What is the cheapest price available to get breast implants done in Fort Lauderdale? My breasts are small and I want it to be a little bigger (average), yet not too big.

Cost should not be a priority when selecting a surgeon for breast augmentation

Hi “Sweetangel”

Breast augmentation is an extremely popular and common procedure that carries very low risks. Although the risks are small, they are not zero. A certain percentage of patients will have complications or poor outcomes. This is surgery and should be taken seriously. You should consider a number of factors in selecting your plastic surgeon and although cost can be considered, it should not be at the top of your list. There are resources to assist you in selecting a surgeon. The American Society of Plastic Surgery has a web site www.plasticsurgery.org and is a good place to start. Keep in mind that you will likely have your breast implants for many years, and the appearance, either good or bad is something you will be living with indefinitely.

I hope this will be of some help to you in selecting your surgeon and that you achieve a superb and fabulous result from your breast augmentation.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Cost?

Costs of the breast augmentation procedure will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the surgery standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, implant cost (saline vs. silicone, other fees (e.g., acellular dermal matrix cost, pain pump, surgical garment, etc.) Typically augmentation with saline implants will be ~$1000 less than with silicone implants. Consultation with a plastic surgeon on the procedure along with quotes is advised, but a range of $4000-9000 is reasonable depending on the factors above. Hope these answers help!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

BA prices

Prices are broken down to costs of the operating room, anesthesia, implants, and surgeon.  Saline implants are less expensive but may not be right for you due to your skin quality.  It is best to place price as not the most important criteria when deciding on where to go.  Go to few consultations if you can to get an idea of what is the best procedure for you, and then you can inquire on pricing.  

Cheap is not always good - BA considerations

First to be safe make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon. Please verify. Breast Augmentation prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. It might be possible to meet your price point but be careful that this does not mean a less experience surgeon and therefore less quality surgery. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office? Geographical location also has a significant influence.

2. Type of Anesthesia - IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long, etc . Will other procedures also be done like a breast lift, lipo on the sides of your breast/chest wall, etc be also performed?

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cheapest Surgery

Each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia.  Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.

Sometimes when you go to the surgeon with the "cheapest" price, you may find out that he/she is not a board certified plastic surgeon and their practice is not as "safe" as surgery should be.  Don't risk your health to get "cheap" breast surgery.

Cheapest surgery: REALLY?

Do you really want the cheapest surgeon or the best one at an affordable price. Be careful what you ask for. You will be able to find a cheap surgeon if your search for one. However, please make sure they are qualified. THis is not like shopping for the lowest price for a car that all come from the same manufacturer.

Breast Augmentation Cost (coming from Ohio)

I encourage you to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that that person is someone you would trust after meeting with them at your consultation.  The "cheapest" might not be the best and you may find yourself spending more money to get the surgery "fixed" by the surgeon you should have gone to in the first place.  I have a colleague who I trained with in the Palm Beach area who I think is a very good surgeon, but I cannot promise you he is the "cheapest."  If you want to contact me, I can provide you with his contact information.

For comparison, in Columbus, Ohio, our total costs for breast augmentation are currently $4500-5100 for saline implants and $5000-5900 for silicone implants.

Never go for the cheapest plastic surgery

It is an entirely bad idea to go for the cheapest priced plastic surgery you can find. There are red flags all over the lowest price in your area.  Remember that any revisions you need by another doctor will cost much more than getting it done right by an excellent doctor in the first place.

Fees should not be top concern

Cost should not be paramount for cosmetic surgery.  You should choose a surgeon that you like and trust, and try to work with him/her to work within your budget.  There are facilities in Fort Lauderdale that promote themselves as low cost facilities but have had significant issues including death of their patients.

We charge $2800 + MD Anesthesia related costs for breast lift with saline implants. Gel Implants start at $3500 + MD Anesthesia related costs. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work with personalized care at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS