Good Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift?

I'm 5'2 and weigh about 120 lbs. Am I a good candidate for Brazillian Butt Lift? Also, approximately how long will the result last? Thanks in advance.

Are you a candidate for a brazilian butt lift?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks for the question -

Unfortunately the answer is more complex than simply your height and weight.

Other considerations include:

Do you have localized amounts of fat for transfer?
What are your size goals?
What is your skin quality like?

In the hands of an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon, fat transfer results should be permanent.

Candidate for a BBL?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  Please visit my page on finding the right doctor at drnichter.com on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Candidates for Buttock Augmentation surgery desire an enhancement in the buttock area to offer a more balanced, defined or shapelier contour to the body. There appears to be two different groups of patients seeking the procedure. One group of patients is younger and has goals of transforming their bodies into more curvaceous figures, like popular Hollywood stars, J. Lo or Beyonce Knowles. The other group of patients is women that have aged and would like to restore a more youthful backside with buttock fullness to replace now sagging areas. Men have also been requesting buttock implants as well.

Candidates for Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell without pictures. It all depends on a few factors. It will depend on if there is enough fat (usually the abdominal area or flanks). Women who are unhappy with the size of their buttocks frequently seek buttock enhancement. Some feel their buttocks lack shape, while others want to have a more sensuous backside by making them larger and rounder. Buttock enhancement is usually quite successful at making the bottom larger and shapelier. This has helped many women gain that more sensuous appearance. Best of Luck!

Dhaval M. Patel
DOuble board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for Brazilian Butt lift?

The only way to know if you are a good candidate for surgery, is a live evaluation by a surgeon.  Women that are very petite, might be better candidates for a silicone gluteal implant.  However, some petite women can still get great results from a fat transfer procedure, it depends on where your body deposits fat.

Dennis Dass, MD

Best candidate for the brazilian butt lift

If you weigh approximately 120 pounds, most likely you don’t have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. In such cases, I recommend patients to gain some weight. Typically, patients want to have noticeable results and to achieve such objective a significant amount of fat needs to be injected into the buttocks. I recommend such patients to either gain approximately 15 to 20 pounds prior to surgery or the second option is butt implants. In this video, I explain certain facts about the ideal candidate for the Brazilian butt lift.

It depends...

Thanks for your question.  The best candidates for Brazilian butt lift have extra stores of fat on their torsos and legs that can be harvested by liposuction and then reinjected into buttocks tissues.  Depending on the amount of augmentation you desire, at 5'2" and 120lbs. you may not have enough fat stored up to significantly increase the size of your buttocks.  We will often encourage that a patient gain some weight to increase the amount of body fat available for the purpose of coming later and removing it via liposuction to reinject it.

Because fat is affected by metabolism, any significant exercise after BBL can potentially cause you to lose a portion of the grafted fat.  In the best case situation, it is not uncommon to lose a portion of the originally injected fat requiring further fat grafting sessions.  Having enough fat left over to liposuction can often be a problem.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

The best candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. The best candidates for a Brazilian Butt lift our patients that have localized fat in the abdomen hips waist and lower back and who will benefit from the thorough liposuction in these areas. The fat will be removed by the lack of section will be cleaned and processed and strategically grafted to the butt. When planning a Brazilian Butt lift, it is essential to review your personal goals with your plastic surgeon. During the examination, plastic surgeon must assess the amount of fat that you have to determine if it is enough to shoot to meet your personal goals. To find out if you are a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt lift, please schedule a consultation with your plastic surgeon or post photographs along with your question.

For more information on Brazilian butt lifts or butt augmentation, please schedule an iConsult or visit us online at the link below: