Benelli Mastopexy with Implants Enough for Breasts with Pseudo Ptosis?

Would a Benelli lift be enough? I would also be getting a 340cc HP textured silicone breast implants along with the breast lift. In the previous consultations, I was told I almost have a pseudo ptosis. My nipple is 19cm. from the collarbone. I did breast feed and have some stretch marks from my first pregnancy. I have attached a picture, both front and side views. I really want to have as few scars as possible. Thank you.

Biplanar breast augmentation without breast lift should work for you

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  I agree with others that I do not think a breast lift is necessary based on your photographs.  A biplanar breast augmentation alone should give you a nice result.  If a breast lift is needed it would be better to wait and do it as a second procedure.

Glandular ptosis can sometimes be treated with breast augmention without mastopexy

There are numerous types of breast lifts available and all have advantages and disadvantages. Based on your description and photographs, I would expect that a Benelli type lift would be adequate. Be informed of potential problems associated with this procedure such as occasional reduced projection and “flattening” of the breasts. Also, the scars may not always be ideal with scattered cases of gathering of tissue along the incision.

If you goal is to avoid scarring, it is conceivable that you could receive an acceptable result with breast augmentation alone. If you tried this option and decided you still needed some type of lift, this could be performed later as a secondary procedure.

I hope this information is of some benefit to you. Good luck on your future surgery.

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Benelli mastopexy with implants for Psuedo Ptosis

The key to a natural youthful appearance to your breasts after a mastopexy/augmentation is to have the nipple at the most projecting point of the breast mound.  These pictures show some glandular (breast tissue) ptosis and areolar asymmetry. In my opinion, an implant alone may not fully fill out the excess loose skin and result in some persistent ptosis.  To minimize scarring and to get the nipple/areola symmetrical and in the correct position, a Benelli or peri-areolar lift may be the best option.  The drawback to this type of lift is a flattening of the breast. A thorough exam will reveal how much laxity your breasts have and will help determine the best type of lift you'll need.  

Gregory M. Fedele, MD
Beachwood Plastic Surgeon

Should you have breast lift

Absolutely you should have a breast lift 

In my opinion your breasts will look worse if you do not have a breast lift procedure 

Remember there are two types of surgeons 

Size surgeons and shape surgeons 

For me shape takes the highest priority and your shape must be better .

Regards 

Dr Shamoun 

Breast Augmentation alone will give you a great result

By viewing your images It appears to me that a breast augmentation alone will provide you with a superb result.

Sergio P. Maggi, MD, FACS

Director- Austin Plastic Surgery Center

A Benelli might suit you well

The most important question is what are the patient's goals. The purpose of an implant is to add volume to the breasts, and the purpose of a lift is raise the nipple areolar complex. Although the added volume from breast augmentation may give the illusion of lifting the breasts, it is not the purpose of an augmentation and such results cannot be promised.

Let's talk about the criteria for breast lifts now - the ideal position of the nipple should be above the level of the breast crease. If the nipple is at the level of the crease, slightly below the crease, or very much below it and pointing downwards, then the woman in question has sagging breasts. What varies is the degree of sagging. 

For patients who have slight sagging such as yourself, I usually tell them that for the best cosmetic result, they should get a small donut or Benelli lift. However, they can usually get a perfectly acceptable result without the breast lift scar if they only get breast augmentation. The choice is theirs. 

If they have more severe sagging then my recommendation is to get a lift and I strongly advise against going forward without one because that may lead to an unacceptable result. 

Judging from your pictures, you seem to have slight sagging and a certain degree of areolar asymmetry, both of which can be corrected through a Benelli lift. This leads me to believe you're a good candidate for this procedure. However, whether the Benelli will fit your own individual beauty goals is something that can only be determined with certainty during a consultation.

I hope that answers your question. It's great that you're doing this research. I always say the best patients are informed patients.

You might also want to research your options for breast implants. Choosing the right implant is the number one concern among women considering breast augmentation. Did you know, there’s actually a way to select an implant shape, size, and profile that is perfect for you?

A term that I use with my patients for the perfect implant is the “Pony Implant”.

So what do I mean by “perfect”? Well, a Pony Implant has three qualities to it. First, the implant meets your beauty goals. For example, you want to your breasts to look fuller while still appearing natural.

Second, when you choose your Pony Implant, you walk out of your consultation 100% confident that you’ve chosen the right shape and size for you. In other words, you won’t be second guessing your decision, and you won’t be afraid of having gone too big or too small.

And third, after your procedure, you are thrilled with your results, and say, "I’m so happy. This is exactly what I wanted!"

That’s the Pony Implant. And the great news is that there is a simple process to go about finding yours.

This issue of selecting the right implant is so important when it comes to patient satisfaction or dissatisfaction that, again, I really encourage you to learn more about it.

Thank you for reading and best of luck on your journey!

William Rahal, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Gummy bear tear drop implants can lift the breasts without additional scars

I have been using Gummy bear shaped teardrop implants for several years.  These implants when properly selected for the dimensions and elasticity of your breasts can correct 2-3 centimeters of ptosis.

Also these implants tend to drop much less over time because of the textured coating.  Furthermore, because they are a firmer implant, form stable, they impart their shape on your breast tissue sculpting the form of your breast.

You can skip the Benelli mastopexy and get shaped gummy bear implants instead.

Benelli or Peri-areolar Mastopexy for Breast Lift with Implants

I think you appear to be a potential candidate for consideration of a Benelli or peri-areolar mastopexy approach for your breast implant lift procedure. This will allow an optimal upsize with your choice of implants and at the same time you'll have an appropriate reshaping of your nipple areolar complex with a more favourable dimension and proportion to your new breast mounds.

However there are some limitations & tradeoffs that you'll need to bear in mind when it comes to any form of peri-areolar mastopexy. In these instance, I always advise my patients regarding possibility of some compromise of the breast projection, areolar dimension and nipple position.

In peri-areolar mastopexy, it's essentially a "purse string" technique in tightening the breast skin envelope around the new nipple areolar complex. Hence it will have the potential risk of "squashing down" the breast mound at least in the short term. It'll usually stretch in the long run but then the risk of areolar spreading and inconsistent nipple positioning may occur as a result. Therefore I only have very strict indications for peri-areolar mastopexy approach for a very selected group of my breast augmentation lift patients who understand and appreciate the necessary tradeoffs & limitations involved.

Hope all goes well with your upcoming surgery.

Best wishes

Ellis Choy

Preferred Lift with Augmentation for Breast Pseudo Ptosis

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy. . The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

The #BenelliLift, developed by French surgeon Dr. Benellil,is also known as the "DonutLift"to most surgeons, is performed by removing a donut-shaped piece of the areola and the surrounding skin. Followed by applying a #Pursestring, or, a double purse-string suture, to tighten the skin. Initally, a #Benelli was developed to access a majority of the breast through the incision. The breast is then shaped and lifted with sutures. This is a very complex procedure which is not often performed.

However, the term is widely used to refer to breast lifts involving an incision around the #areola I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Consider shaped implant

Most peri areolar lifts flatten the projection of the breast- which is what you're trying to correct! I would consider a round anatomical silicone implant in a patient such as yourself. The high profile shaped implant gives maximum projection, and lift, behind the nipple, while leaving a very natural looking upper pole. Just something to consider. Good luck

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon