Benelli Mastopexy with Implants Enough for Breasts with Pseudo Ptosis?

Would a Benelli lift be enough? I would also be getting a 340cc HP textured silicone breast implants along with the breast lift. In the previous consultations, I was told I almost have a pseudo ptosis. My nipple is 19cm. from the collarbone. I did breast feed and have some stretch marks from my first pregnancy. I have attached a picture, both front and side views. I really want to have as few scars as possible. Thank you.

Glandular ptosis can sometimes be treated with breast augmention without mastopexy

There are numerous types of breast lifts available and all have advantages and disadvantages. Based on your description and photographs, I would expect that a Benelli type lift would be adequate. Be informed of potential problems associated with this procedure such as occasional reduced projection and “flattening” of the breasts. Also, the scars may not always be ideal with scattered cases of gathering of tissue along the incision.

If you goal is to avoid scarring, it is conceivable that you could receive an acceptable result with breast augmentation alone. If you tried this option and decided you still needed some type of lift, this could be performed later as a secondary procedure.

I hope this information is of some benefit to you. Good luck on your future surgery.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Biplanar breast augmentation without breast lift should work for you

Thank you for your question.  I agree with others that I do not think a breast lift is necessary based on your photographs.  A biplanar breast augmentation alone should give you a nice result.  If a breast lift is needed it would be better to wait and do it as a second procedure.

Preferred Lift with Augmentation for Breast Pseudo Ptosis

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy. . The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

The #BenelliLift, developed by French surgeon Dr. Benellil,is also known as the "DonutLift"to most surgeons, is performed by removing a donut-shaped piece of the areola and the surrounding skin. Followed by applying a #Pursestring, or, a double purse-string suture, to tighten the skin. Initally, a #Benelli was developed to access a majority of the breast through the incision. The breast is then shaped and lifted with sutures. This is a very complex procedure which is not often performed.

However, the term is widely used to refer to breast lifts involving an incision around the #areola I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Benelli Mastopexy with Implants Enough for Breasts with Mild Ptosis?

The Benelli Mastopexy is another name for a peri-areolar mastopexy. This is a procedure that is used to lift the nipple and limits the scar to around the areola. This avoids the scars down the front of the breast or in the breast fold. This incision hides great because it is at the natural transition of the areola and the skin.

The peri-areolar mastopexy is useful when the nipple areolar complex only needs to be lifted a 1 to 3cm and the mastopexy is going to be done in combination with an implant. The implant will help shape and fill the breast while the Benelli mastopexy will help center the nipple areolar complex over the implant.
The peri-areolar mastopexy is a great procedure when used in the correct patient. If patients have a significant amount of ptosis it may not be enough to shape the breasts. There is a limit to the amount of skin that can be removed for patients with the Benelli Mastopexy.

The Benelli Mastopexy has improved over the years from its original description. The two big advancements in the procedure are the use of special sutures that hold over time and prevent areola widening. The second is the addition of an inter-locking technique that has been added to the original Benelli mastopexy, this addition has helped the lift maintain its shape over time.

Please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon that has experience in doing a Benelli or Peri-areolar breast lifts.

Consider shaped implant

Most peri areolar lifts flatten the projection of the breast- which is what you're trying to correct! I would consider a round anatomical silicone implant in a patient such as yourself. The high profile shaped implant gives maximum projection, and lift, behind the nipple, while leaving a very natural looking upper pole. Just something to consider. Good luck

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Implants alone

I think it may be possible to achieve good results from the right implants alone. Choose something with a narrower base and firmer texture.

Breast lift with donut mastopexy

A short vertical scar breast lift may provide you with better longterm results with your mastopexy. An areolar mastopexy may not provide you with longterm results.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast Implant May be All that is Required

Thank you for your pictures.  Depending on how large a size you chose for a breast augmentation, an implant may be all that is required.  Your breasts are deflated from breast feeding.  Most of the time, placing an implant to re-inflate the tissue may be all that is needed to restore youthful volume.  Its possible your surgeon could perform the augmentation through a small incision below the nipple at the bottom of the areola.  If the augmentation fixes the nipple position...then that's it.  If you need a small lift, then a circular lift could be performed by converting that incision into a small oval.  Even if this is the case, you probably wont require a very large lift.  A board-certified plastic surgeon can assist you with this decision.  Best of luck to you!  Dr. Pacella

Sometimes A lift is needed, Sometimes Not

Although you have loss of volume in your superior pole you may be a candidated for just a breast augmentation.
The key to success lies in letting you surgeon know specifically what you would like to look like following the surgery. For example, how perky do you want to be, what shape do you want to have, etc.? However from your description it would appear that a lollipop type lift would be best for you rather than a periareolar lift like the Benelli procedure. Here is a rule of thumb that works for most patients. If you nipple is above your lower breast crease then often a periareolar lift will be sufficient for most patients. If your nipple is at or below your crease then a vertical lift (lollipop lift), inverted T or anchor pattern may be required.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Limiting result

A Benelli lift is quite limiting in its ability to do much of an up lift. Even with a 340 high profile implant I think the result will leave the increased size and fullness too low a level. I do not feel you will be satisfied with the result.

Fred Suess, MD