Can my lower lids be repaired back to the natural curve and what he did to make my lower lids this way? (photo)

i had lower lid surgery a year and a half ago and now look so strange and ugly. the optometrist refuses to say what he did to cause this.could it have been a lid shortening eyes were so wide and tilted up at the ends before this happened. i dont know what to do i was so pretty before can it be repaired?

Secondary eyelid surgery is difficult.

I'm not really sure what you're asking relative To the present condition. Preoperative photographs would be useful. In general I probably would advise you against any further surgery.

I have answered a number of your prior posts.

Your eyelids have healed remarkably well.  I would be so very cautious in having lateral canthoplasty to reshape the eyelids.  Canthoplasty does not have the power to control the shape of the lower eyelid margin.  For this, a spacer graft of hard palate is much more predictable.  The problem is that this is a very big surgery for what has now settled down to be a small issue.  You may decide that although you are not entirely happy with the results of your original eyelid surgery, it is not worth the expense and uncertainty to have the lower eyelids revised.  I am honestly not sure it is worth your while.

Restoring Lower Eyelid Curvature.

It would be important to determine how much laxity there is in your lower eyelid skin, but a lateral canthal resuspension procedure could raise your outer corners which would provide some return to the curvature you desire.  This would require another surgery.  I would suggest an oculoplastic surgeon consult to discuss in person.  I would first, however, discuss with your initial surgeon.  "Optometrists" are not surgeons, but eye "doctors." Many ophthalmologists, eye physicians, do perform eyelid plastic surgery and oculoplastic surgeons that are part of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic Reconstructive Surgeons have completed additional eyelid and facial plastic surgery training following their ophthalmology residencies.  I wish you the best.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon