What is a less expensive alternative for facelift? (photo)

I'm 45 and I've developed very pronounced nasolabial folds. After some research I decided fat grafting is my solution. I sent out my pictures to a few doctors. Apparently I need a face lift. I also got some quotes. I'm only a teacher and I'm in no financial situation to indulge myself with such an expense. Is it possible to do just fat grafting for now? Is there another alternative for me? By the way my body is resistant to all kind of fillers and also Botox.

Facial Rejuvenation

There are alternatives that help bridge the gap.  These include volume enhancement with your own fat as well as your own blood in the form of PRP. PRP can be injected just like a filler and/ or delivered via microneedling techniques. Radiofrequency skin resurfacing helps tighten your skin. These are not substitutes for a facelift but they do complement it

Non surgical facelift

There are many options for achieving facial rejuvenation when patients are averse to having surgery.  The best outcomes in non surgical rejuvenation occur when a comprehensive approach is taken.  This means that several treatments targeting the skin, tissues below the skin, and facial volume should be applied to achieve optimal results.  I frequently will apply skin tightening treatments in combination with volume restoration to achieve beautiful results.  Best Regards

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Tite is a non-incisional, affordable alternative to a facelift

You are not alone in wanting a less expensive, results driven alternative to a facelift. I recently introduced Face Tite to my practice just for those patients who are not ready, needing or wanting a full facelift but would like to achieve significant improvement in their aging face. Face Tite was recently FDA cleared for the U.S. market and will become the new standard in non-excisional aesthetic surgery for comparable results to a facelift, necklift and can also be used to treat other body areas such as eyelids, abdomen, knees, arms and breasts.  The Face Tite technology has been in use internationally for the last 7 years with over 30,000 patients safely and effectively treated, providing unmatched skin contraction. Face Tight offers a quick treatment with less patient downtime yielding 65-85% of the result a facelift/necklift can achieve but without general anesthesia, incisions, sutures and scars.  Not to mention vastly reduced post-op concerns, pain and recovery time for patients (10-14 days of just swelling). Face Tite can be performed in the office under local anesthesia or in combination with other surgeries under general anesthesia.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Face Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a non-surgical face lift. A series of Exilis treatments can help tighten the skin on your lower face. Exilis is a radio freuencey treatment that uses heat without damaging the skin. The heat then causes fat to melt away and stimulate collagen production which helps tighten the skin. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

An alternative to facelift surgery

Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)improving your wrinkles: Botox
2)improving your loss of volume: Radiesse
3)improving your texture: Cool Helium Plasma resurfacing.
4)improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency
5)improving skin discoloration: IPL
A consultation would be necessary to customize your treatment plan.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

NovaThreads - Non Surgical Lifting

Thank you very much for your question. Based on your age and picture, you may be a great candidate for a Novathreads procedure. This is minimally invasive, cost efficient procedure done in an office visit under local anesthesia to lift the cheeks and lower part of the face / jawline.  The results last somewhere between 6 months to a year and although do not replace a facelift, may make sense as an intermediate option for you.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Ultherapy vs Themage vs INFINI

Themage, INFINI RF, or Ultherapy should give you a subtle but noticeable lift. You may need a few treatments to achieve the optimal results. I note filler is out of your equation, however if you body is not resistant to fillers, this would be an ideal method of lifting and volume replacement. 

Personally, I don't think you are quite ready for a face lift given the photos and a non-invasive treatment can tighten your skin up, holding back a lift for another 3-5 years. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Alternatives to facelift

One possible less expensive and non-invasive option to a facelift would be Ultherapy.  This procedure employs ultrasound to tighten the skin and tissue beneath the skin.  It is an office procedure that rarely involves any recovery time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiTight is a nonsurgical alternative to a face lift

Thank you for your question. You'd be a great candidate for ThermiTight. It's a micro-invasive procedure that uses gentle heat (emitted through a tiny probe under your skin) to smoothen out and tighten the skin. This provides treated patients with the results of a face lift with no surgery, no general anesthesia and no downtime. It's a safe procedure with a high patient satisfaction rate (check out the reviews). Since there is no downtime, you can go to work the next day and tend to your students. We use local anesthesia for these procedures; most doctors do but there are some that only perform the procedure under general anesthesia. General anesthesia is always an added cost so that's something you should look into (depending on your comfort level). The procedure takes about an hour under local anesthesia. ThermiTight would help tighten and define your jowls, jaw line, and neck. By tightening those areas, the appearance of your nasolabial folds would diminish (even though it's not directly treated). I've posted some pictures on here but check out the Thermi website for additional pictures and videos. Good luck!

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

Alternatives to a facelift

There are alternatives to a facelift.   Use a cosmetic program recommended by you local cosmetician and you wiol see improvement.   Use Voluma in you nasolabial folds and this will help.   Do healthy living with adequate exercise and nutriyuio aand this will help.   Get a consult from a few dermatologists and oplastic surgeons and this wil help yu.   Good Luck,  My Best,  Dr Commons