Can eyelid surgery gone bad in one eye be corrected?

I had eyelid surgery. It's a botched job. My eyes don't look the same. My left eyelid droops and he didn't go all the way to the outer edge of the eyelid leaving a crease and skin fold. My eyelids don't completely close. My vision is now effected. Can this be corrected? It's only the left eyelid. I need an excellent corrective eyelid surgeon in the greater Los Angeles or even Orange County area.

Can eyelid surgery undergo correction

Photos would be of value and how long after surgery are you asking this question.  If you still have swelling this may make you unable to completely close your eyelid, however, since you say it droops and I am assuming this is your upper eyelid, then it may be due to stretching of the elevator muscle of your eyelid.  If it is your lower eyelid, you may need some tightening of the eyelid.  You need to be evaluate for this and yes these can be corrected.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry

Pictures would be very helpful.

Asymmetries present before surgery that are due to the set of the eyeball in the eye bone will not be corrected but can often be minimized.

Eyelid surgery will not correct drooping due to the brow drooping; a brow lift of some type will be necessary.

Eyes that do not close completely are addressed with an entirely different procedure, usually involving elevation of the cheeks.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Revision eyelid surgery

Need photos of your eyes to tell you what the problem is and what can be done. See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid malposition after blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Roundness of the lower eyelids after blepharoplasty is the most common complication seen. It can be fixed with a small procedure: canthopexy/canthoplasty. Not all plastic surgeons are trained to performed this procedure. Please find a plastic surgeon with additional training in oculoplastic surgery. Dr. Guy Massry in Beverly Hills is great. Hope this was helpful.

Anything can be corrected

So all the symptoms you describe may be just normal immediate postoperative issues. 

My advice is to go back to your surgeon and explain what you are concerned about. If you are more than 3 months out after surgery then they may consider some intervention. If your eyesight is altered and you are only a matter of a day or two after surgery then go back immediately. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin