Is a Lat Flap with implant a good way to go after failed sgap procedure?

I'm 37, no chemo or rad, bi lateral mastectomy, delayed. I had an sgap that started to clot as he was preforming microsurgery. Heparin drip and needed blood transfusion. Flap looked great for 2 days then failed. His suggestion is Lat Flap with small implants in a few months after healing. I also only attempted one breast with the sgap. Is the Lat flap more successful? He states it will work. I really would like to give it a go but would like any feedback. Thank you.

Yes, lat flaps are great!

A "lat dorsi " flap can add skin and volume to a breast reconstruction. This helps shape and provides extra soft tissue. The soft tissue covers an implant better and minimizes hardness. Bilateral lat flaps can be done by an experienced plastic surgeon to minimize recovery time. There are pros and cons to immediate use of implants or expanders. Look at some of our photos  to see results. I hope this helps.

Dayton Plastic Surgeon