Saline implant Deflation, who can do it for me?

My left saline implant ruptured and deflated. The lack of symmetry is seriously affecting how I feel about myself and is not okay. I can't afford another surgery, nor do I want one. I'm totally okay with my natural breasts and would be ever so grateful just to have symmetry again! I'm told there's an affordable option, not involving surgery, where the implant is intentionally deflated using a needle. I just don't know who to call. Nd referrals for OC, IE or SanDiego area. Thank you!
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Doctor Answers 9

Saline implant Deflation, who can do it for me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced ;myself and office staff are happy to see you. Based on your description, it sounds like you will be a good candidate for breast implant removal surgery. You may find the attached link, dedicated to this type of surgery, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Deflated saline implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Certainly it would be possible to place a needle with suction into the  implant and remove the fluid. It's also very simple under a local anesthetic to go through the incision where the implant was placed and  remove both the intact implant and the collapsed one on the opposite side. I would first ask the plastic surgeon who placed the implants what he or she would recommend for you. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS
Louisville Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Deflation of saline breast implants.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your saline implant deflation.

  • Needle deflation can be done for temporary reasons, e.g. because of an immediate exam or event. 
  • Needle deflation is not a permanent solution.
  • Once implants are deflated, you can feel them, see the rim and they can chronically irritate the ribs.
  • It is possible, although not ideal, to have implants removed in the office with local anesthesia.
  • Please find a plastic surgeon near you to discuss office implant removal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Deflation of Saline Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Any board certified plastic surgeon could perform this for you. Your implants will need to be removed.  They can remain in your breasts deflated indefinitely.  They will likely lead to problems such as pain and/or infection.

Saline implant deflation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi, dmm222.
Although your right implant can be deflated, I recommend you to have both implants removed.  The recovery from the implant removal is not too long.  Please consult with a board-ceritifed plastic surgeon to be examined and to learn about your options.
Best wishes.

Saline implant and inflation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would advise you to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  It is common to deflate the other side but at some point you will want them removed and either have a lift or exchange the implants.

Chad Robbins, MD
Nashville Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Find board certified plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery(ASPS) and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see before and after photos.

I am glad you have decided not to do it yourself. :)

Best wishes,

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Deflated implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should be able to call any plastic surgeon in your area to arrange for your intact implant to be deflated.  This can be done in the office and results are immediate.  Hope this helps.

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

Saline implant Deflation, who can do it for me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sorry to hear about your problem.

Any plastic surgeon in your area should be able to help you out by either deflating the intact implant or removing both which can be accomplished under local anesthesia.

Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.