Juvederm Lip Injections? (Photos)

I'm interested in getting lip fillers i have been wanting to do this for about a year i was wondering how many 1ccs will i need to achieve the look i want or at least try to achieve this look. I uploaded a picture of my small lips and the lips i want which is the first picture if its possible lets be realistic here not everyone can get this look or pull it off but i feel like i can because i have wide lips/ mouth but i could be wrong any information will be wonderful thank you in advanced.

Lip injection volume?

I always will put a syringe in the lips at one time. I then bring you back after 2 weeks and will discuss whether another syringe is what you want. Placing 2 or more syringes at one time leads to obvious edema and an unnatural look for a week or more.

Juvederm Lip Injections?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.  I'd start out using one syringe and add another if further augmentation was desired.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Juvererm

Juvederm

Juvederm is the one of the latest dermal fillers introduced to the U.S. market by Allergan, the company which manufactures Botox. It is a hyaluronic acid based filler similar to Restylane. However, JUVÉDERM™ injectable gel employs its unique manufacturing process to provide the highest concentration of cross-linked hyaluronic acid of any currently available hyaluronic acid dermal filler for long-lasting results. This advanced manufacturing process also creates a smooth consistency gel that flows consistently and easily into the skin and provides a smooth, natural look and feel.

Recently approved by the FDA, Juvéderm™ injectable gel is a “next-generation” dermal filler. The smooth consistency gel helps to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds, like your “smile lines” or “parentheses” (nasolabial folds—the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth).

With Juvederm, the results are immediate with minimal downtime. Most patients need one treatment to achieve optimal wrinkle smoothing, and the results last up to 6 months or more. Juvederm can be used virtually anywhere on the face, with most success in the lips, nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth), and the marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth downward to the jawline).

John Frattellone, DMD
Red Bank Dentist

Start with 1 syringe

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos you provided, I think you could achieve a similar look with 1-2 ccs of filler. As others have mentioned, I would recommend starting with 1 syringe (1cc) and then follow-up in 2-4 weeks with your injector to see if a second syringe is even needed. 

I hope this answer is helpful. Best of luck!

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How much fillers in my lips?

This is a great questions and an important one. You already have great lips and I would start with one syringe first and see the results. It is easy to put more if needed. In many cases, it is not the amount but the placement of the filler in the right locations that can give you the results that you wish.

I recommend that you see an experienced doctor for a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any treatments.
I hope this helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based filler such as Juvederm.  I would suggest a conservative approach by starting with one syringe of Juvederm.  Please keep in mind that you will see your final result 2 weeks after the procedure.  You can always reevaluate with your injector and add more filler at that time, if necessary.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Juvederm Lip Filler

You already have great structure and baseline volume to your lips. It should not take much to achieve the look you are going for. I would start off with 1 syringe and add more if needed. Which product is best for you should be determined during an in-person consultation and evaluation. Please find an experienced injector.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

How much Lip Filler would I need?

Hyaluronic Acid fillers such as Restylane/Juvederm and their many cousins offered by several companies produce similar results in the lips. There are subtle differences between them such as spreadability, stiffness, swelling during and after the placement which some Plastic surgeons like or dislike. In my opinion, although it's a poor business decision, I would rather place less product and come back later and place more if needed. Few things are more comical or scream "fake" than a pair of Daisy Duck-over-the-top-Mick Jagger preposterously sexual lips. I would start with 1cc per lip and bring the patient back in 2-3 weeks to re-asses if more is needed instead of creating that look. 

Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. I would suggest starting with 1 cc of an HA filler such as Juvederm, but you may want to add a little more to achieve the look you are seeking. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lips Augmentation with Juvederm

Thanks for your question!  You are a great candidate for lip augmentation and I think your goals are realistic.  I would suggest likely 2 1cc tubes of Juvederm to achieve that fullness.  Be sure to consult with an expert injector for his/her opinion.  Best of luck!