Would it be worth going through a TT? (Photo)

I have 3 kids and fixed. I hate my stomach, but I'm afraid of an ugly belly button.

Would it be worth going through a TT?

Tummy tuck with liposuction of sides and back would give you the best result.

Tummy tuck

Based on your photo, I'd say that you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. While the belly button is one of patient's top concerns, if you go to a board certified plastic surgeon with a lot of tummy tuck experience, achieving a nice looking belly button should not be an issue. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Would it be worth going through a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question.  You are not alone; many patients are very concerned about the postoperative appearance of their umbilicus. Ultimately, the appearance of your umbilicus will be largely dependent on the technical skill and the aesthetic sense of your chosen plastic surgery. This is one of the many reasons why selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decisions you make.  Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work and preferably see/talk to patients who your prospective  plastic surgeon has helped in the past.

Understandably, the appearance of the umbilicus is of great importance to many patients undergoing tummy tuck surgery; after all, it may be the only telltale sign of having undergone the tummy tuck surgery when the patient is wearing a swimming suit or undergarments. The umbilicus should be positioned carefully; if it is too high or too low, it may be a sign of tummy tuck surgery. Ifit is too round or slit like it may also look "surgical". Most patients prefer a relatively small and oval-shaped umbilicus.

I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.

Good candidate for a tummy tuck

Hello 

Thank you for your photos, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. If you select a experience board certified plastic surgeon you can expect to have a good result of your scars.

Evaluating the doctors photos and talking with testimonial patients will give you peace of mine.

Good look

Sincerely Dr. Manuel Gutierrez

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Tummy Tuck and the Belly Button

This is a valid concern, a nice looking belly button is critical to a successful tummy tuck. the incision must be tucked inward creating an inward belly button and the size must be just right. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and look at many before and after pictures to see the surgeons results. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD